• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    icanplay3 wrote: »
    In this order:

Smores (microwaved for 9 secs!)
    White Chocolate Raspberry
    Apple Pie (also microwaved for 9 secs)
    Try them baked, even better. Bake for 5 minutes 350, turn up to 500 broil until brown and toasty on edges.
  • miriamtob
    miriamtob Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    There are other brands of protein bars with similar macros that taste much better. I bought the s'more flavor quest bars today, but returned it after tasting it. Too sweet, blech. I think quest hires brand ambassadors to talk up the bars on forums like these.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Tried a few. They weren't very nice tasting. Combine that with the price, and I "just say no" to Quest. Too expensive for what they are and better value products on the market in my opinion.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    What other brands are they? I am not a Quest snob, and would be happy to try something as tasty with similar macros but cheaper.
  • Hornsby
    Options
  • SnuggleSmacks
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    They look tasty, but have more calories and sugar, less protein and a surprisingly small amount of fiber for the ingredients.
  • Hornsby
    edited July 2015
    Options
    They look tasty, but have more calories and sugar, less protein and a surprisingly small amount of fiber for the ingredients.

You asked for "similar" macros...
    180 calories versus 200 is similar in my opinion
    18 grams of protein is similar to 20-21
    Yes, they have more sugar, but I don't have anything against sugar. Also, the Pure Proteins don't have sugar alcohols (I don't think).
    I get plenty of fiber from food, so don't need a bar for that. Plus, you asked for macros which fiber isn't.

At less than a buck a pop, they are definitely a better value in my opinion. Plus, they taste good to me. Quest do not.

• 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    Like quest bars, but can't eat them too often or they give me a nasty stomach ache. Strawberry Cheesecake and Double Chocolate Chunk are the best, in my opinion.
  • miriamtob
    Options
    What other brands are they? I am not a Quest snob, and would be happy to try something as tasty with similar macros but cheaper.

Think Thin: 150 calories, 10g protein, 5g fiber, 5g sugar $1.79 at Trader joes
    Power Crunch: 13 grams protein, 205 calories, 5g sugar 13g fat $1.49 at Trader Joes
  • SnuggleSmacks
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Ack, Think Thin are disgustingly bland, to me. I do like the Power Crunch, but they don't have anywhere near the same macros.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    Options

You asked for "similar" macros...
    180 calories versus 200 is similar in my opinion
    18 grams of protein is similar to 20-21
    Yes, they have more sugar, but I don't have anything against sugar. Also, the Pure Proteins don't have sugar alcohols (I don't think).
    I get plenty of fiber from food, so don't need a bar for that. Plus, you asked for macros which fiber isn't.

At less than a buck a pop, they are definitely a better value in my opinion. Plus, they taste good to me. Quest do not.

I guess it depends on the flavor you're talking about. I'm eating Lemon Pie Quest today which is 160 cals, 20 grams protien and 1 gram sugar. And absolutely amazingly delicious, like a real dessert. I'm not sure I want to sacrifice another 40 calories for less protein, more sugar, less fiber (yes, not a macro, but I still try to maximize it). They do look like a nice snack, but they just don't meet my goals.
  • miriamtob
    Options
    The high fiber detail definitely seems unique to Quest bars, but it gives them such a not-fun-to-chew texture. I found this protein drink that I'm obsessed with that has 10g of fiber per serving. It's really filling and tasty. Also has pro-biotics in it. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00OV28FXW/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1435783425&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=skinny+gut+ultimate+shake&dpPl=1&dpID=51UrDRa7ocL&ref=plSrch
  • ladylonglegs84
    ladylonglegs84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been eating quest bars to help me lose weight. I tend to over eat and snack on things I shouldn't. I read that protein and fiber help to keep you full and less likely to snack. Quest bars are very high in both protein and fiber and pretty low in sugar, so I figured I would give them a try. I don't eat them everyday because they are a little expensive ($2.50 to $3.00 if you buy singles to get various flavors), but I do keep a few in my purse and desk at work. I'll eat one for breakfast sometimes, eat one between lunch and dinner occasionally, or eat one after a softball game. I've actually grabbed one when I had a major sweet tooth instead of reaching for a candy bar or sugary cereal.

Bottom line, I do find the quest bars very helpful in keeping me full and tying me over until my next meal. However, if you want to lose weight, exercise and proper eating is essential!

Favorite flavors: Chocolate Brownie, Apple Pie, Mixed Berry, Banana But Muffin, Chocolate Peanut Butter, and Coconut Cashew.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Coconut Cashew is my favorite followed by Double Chocolate Chunk. I don't get the ones with splenda, so my flavor options are limited, but that's okay because my 2 favorites are all I need. :)
  • kangaroux92
    kangaroux92 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the chocolate chip cookie dough one, i had them a while back and i didn't like it, after i started dieting and reduced sugar intake. i liked them. but it is out of this world microwaved for 15 seconds changed my life, the chocolate chips melt and its HEAVEN . as good as any warm cookie. i eat on every day. they are pricey though.
  • golden6911
    golden6911 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    OK, I was kind of skeptical, but I tried one of the cinnamon roll ones yesterday - WOW! They are very good! I think I will buy one of the variety boxes on amazon so I can cycle through all the flavors. Yes, they are expensive, but it is a really easy, tasty way to add protein and fiber and keep me from overeating other foods.
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Hold the PHONE. They are gluten free??!!!! (yes it's medical) I just assumed based on the flavors you all are talking about they were most definitely not.
  • Building_Bulk
    Building_Bulk Posts: 20,596 Member
    Options
    The only ones I care for are the Peanut Butter cups. The rest I don't really care for.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Too hard to pick just one. Here are the ones I buy on a regular basis:

Cookies & Cream
    Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
    S'Mores
    Double Chocolate Chunk
    Mint Chocolate Chunk
    Apple Pie
    White Chocolate Raspberry

Chocolate Brownie is alright. I wasn't impressed with Cinnamon Roll. I hated Coconut Cashew. Haven't tried any others because I'm already spending a fortune on the seven I listed above every 3-4 months.

For the record, nothing with 12 or less grams of protein per bar should ever be called a "protein bar." At best, they're candy bars with added protein - which is fine if that's what you want, but if I want a protein bar, Quest is where it's at.
  • R1rainbows
    R1rainbows Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Ohhim wrote: »
    I'd eat them if their price was in line with pure protein... at roughly 2x the cost (for only slightly better quality w. similar amounts of protein/bar), I just can't pull the trigger on a regular basis.

I seriously wish pure proteins were vegetarian... Paying almost 2$/bar for think thin kinda sucks