Technology Question

I have a fitbit and my wife just got a vivofit2. Can we use this app to share our progress with each other?

Replies

• Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    If you are friends on MFP you can see each others progress. I sent you a FR so you can see how it works.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    edited June 2015
    I have a fitbit and my wife just got a vivofit2. Can we use this app to share our progress with each other?

Not really. If you open your diary, your wife can see your Fitbit adjustment. (Which is the difference between your Fitbit burn & your MFP activity level.)

Why didn't she get a Fitbit? Then you could've done Fitbit challenges.
  • weispennstate
    weispennstate Posts: 4 Member
    Looks like we cant see steps but calculated calories burned from fitbit. Is that correct?
  • weispennstate
    Btw. Congrats on your achievements! Really awesome stuff.
  • weispennstate
    She got the Garmin bc apparently its waterproof and holds a charge for a year.
  • editorgrrl
    Looks like we cant see steps but calculated calories burned from fitbit. Is that correct?

Not quite. She can see your adjustment, which is the difference between your Fitbit burn (which is TDEE) and your MFP activity level.
  • editorgrrl
    I stand corrected. Turns out she can click on your adjustment to see the math MFP used to calculate it—including your Fitbit burn (which is TDEE) and your MFP activity level calories.

I never noticed that friends could see that. (Perhaps it changed at some point?)