Overwhelmed!

Options
What's the best workout plan to lose weight? High intensity cardio? I have a HRM. I'm 140 and 5'3. When I run at 6.5 mpg for 28 min my average hr is 155. Do I do that or a lower intensity cardio? Keeping my heart rate lower? What about classes like body pump or Zumba? What about strength training? I'm just overwhelmed so any advice helps! Looking to lose weight. Thanks!

Replies

• jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I think in a perfect me-world (ha ha) I would lift heavy things 3x per week and do intense cardio, like HIIT, twice a week. Two full days of rest per week at least. They both help with weight loss and the heavy lifting is AWESOME for reshaping your body
  • 777twist
    777twist Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    What is MPG? Miles Per Gallon ;-) Anyway, I'm not sure what that is. My HRM calculates in Average Calories Overall and Current Calorie burn.

Generally, mine probably runs like this for calories per minute burned:

ROWING: 10 - 20 cpm
    BOXING: 9 - 16 cpm
    WEIGHTLIFTING: 8 - 15 cpm
    STEPPING: 12 - 20

They say you burn fat the best in Zone 2 on your HRM, so that's pretty relaxed in terms of intensity. I have trouble staying in that zone, I don't feel like i'm doing much. So I generally like to vary my workout so I'm in all the zones, keeping most of my time in 3 and 4, but spending a little time in 5. So buy burning more calories you will lose more weight, but again, they say Zone 2 is the best for fat loss, so I guess that means you will be burning other stuff off in those higher intensity ranges. Hope that helps.
  • BluthLover
    BluthLover Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Thanks !!!! MPG , I'm such a dork. Sorry! I meant miles per hour. This helps everyone thank u. :-)