What are you eating?

Options
I have been on here a while. I do great for a week or 2 and fail. I have a hard time making a food plan. I have ulcerative colitis, so raw veggies, fruit, and dairy are very harsh on the gut. I can eat fruits and veggies in very small moderation, but i feel like i am always making the same meals. Any suggestions?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Maybe try some of the recipes on skinnytaste.com
    I'm not sure what exactly is safe for you to eat, but it's worth checking out the recipes to see if you can find something. My family loves the Chicken Taco Chili (not sure if it would be something you could eat).
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It might be best to speak with a registered dietician who can work with you on setting a meal plan your body will agree with. My best friend has a pretty severe case of UC, and I know the list of what she can eat isn't very big.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I like eating the same meals. Nice and simple. No thought, planning etc
  • A_new_beginning_tmn
    A_new_beginning_tmn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks i will have to look at that website, I have never heard of it.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Get a referral to a dietitian. They'll get info from your doctor about your specifics and will work with you to create a healthy, balanced plan that you like.

They're not just for weight loss! Working with people on special diets is the real reason that whole profession came about. They know a lot and have a lot of resources to help people like you. That's what they do! :)
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I eat the same foods all the time as well. I don't live to eat, but eat to live. Just have to keep eating a little bit less!
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    +1 to everyone who suggests going to the doctor/registered dietitian. I'd feel uncomfortable giving you advice.

I'm another one who eats the same things over and over. But I can see how someone would be bored.

Maybe once you get a list of what you can eat, start googling recipes for those foods so you don't get stuck preparing it the same way all the time.