Anyone Still Play DDR/ Stepmania?

veganminecraft
veganminecraft Posts: 21 Member
edited July 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Dance Dance Revolution is long past its hayday but I'm a loyal fan that has been playing pretty much since it came out. It took me roughly two years of frequent practice to get to heavy mode (which is crazy because I had a friend later in college that went from beginner to even better than me in just a matter of a few months while we competed) You can see my main song list I play to here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_89uw0oB-Q0

I also broke ALL of my dance mats. Every single one. We had 6 flimsy ones that didn't stand a chance and like 4 Red Octane's that I eventually tore holes through. For christmas my mom got me the OMEGA GX dance mat that is custom made by a family who sells probably some of the best dance mats on the market available. I've only had it for a few months but it's holding so far.

If you are looking to move on from ddr but still might think it's fun to excercise on a dance mat, you can also play Crypt of The Necrodancer on a dance pad. It's kinda hard but it's part of what they advertise.

20100424_232258_ddr.gif

I also burn about 450 calories in a 30 minute session of ddr since people say it's roughly 20 calories for a heavy song. Songs are about a minute and a half so I drop 20 to 15 and then just multiply by how many minutes I play.

Replies

• Renebry
    Renebry Posts: 22 Member
    I love DDR! I've found a few used dance pads and games at thrift stores. I have a 1 yr old son that's completely amazed that he can control the TV with his feet. Haha So I set us both up in workout mode and get to it. I get my cardio and he gets to jam! It's been working out great for us.