5 days no weight loss -Boooo

Options
2»

Replies

• Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I hear you OP.. sometimes we just want empathy, not advice (we are happy with our system).

I have hit a few random plateaus and I am sure more are to come, the closer I get. It is never fun even when your brain understands what it is. Cheer yourself up with some mid way before and after progress pics or the measuring tape.

The good news is that a flat patch is often followed by a nice dip!
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    @Soopatt Hope so..and I think so. On the brighter side, I'm getting better and better in my exercise. Upped my half hour bike record from 7 to 7.33 miles! YASSS!
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    @Soopatt Hope so..and I think so. On the brighter side, I'm getting better and better in my exercise. Upped my half hour bike record from 7 to 7.33 miles! YASSS!

Sweet.

As a suggestion, perhaps you could tie your sense of "reward and satisfaction" to the tangible improvements in your performance, energy levels and mental focus rather than what the scale does?

I get that seeing your weight go down is thrilling but really you have little control over when it does or in what quantities in the short term (a long term trend is a different matter though) and as such is not a particularly great metric to pin your sense of achievement to in isolation at least.
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »

Sweet.

As a suggestion, perhaps you could tie your sense of "reward and satisfaction" to the tangible improvements in your performance, energy levels and mental focus rather than what the scale does?

I get that seeing your weight go down is thrilling but really you have little control over when it does or in what quantities in the short term (a long term trend is a different matter though) and as such is not a particularly great metric to pin your sense of achievement to in isolation at least.

Some great advice!

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Wow!
    Your calories are ridiculously and very unhealthfully low!
    How much lower will you go when you reach a plateau and stop losing?
    The best policy is to eat as much as you can and still lose!
    I'm afraid you will come to regret what you're putting your body through one way or another.