eatting back the calories to adjust nett weight

Options
hi all

ive been exercising alot this week, im set for 1lb loss however for the last weeks ive only lost half each week so i thought id shake it up a bit and did body combat a few times ( wow) lol

anyway on the days that i exercised i tried to get my net calories to at LEAST 1200, now if i continue to do this until my weigh in day ( saturday) will i see a good loss? im 3lbs away from my 3 stone and i really really really want it lol i have 2 more stone to lose so im not yet near goal so in theory things shouldnt be slowing down

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    hi all

ive been exercising alot this week, im set for 1lb loss however for the last weeks ive only lost half each week so i thought id shake it up a bit and did body combat a few times ( wow) lol

anyway on the days that i exercised i tried to get my net calories to at LEAST 1200, now if i continue to do this until my weigh in day ( saturday) will i see a good loss? im 3lbs away from my 3 stone and i really really really want it lol i have 2 more stone to lose so im not yet near goal so in theory things shouldnt be slowing down

You cannot judge it by scale weight over a week .. you have to look at trends of loss over 6-8 weeks

What you're doing makes sense, your net should not drop below 1200

However when you change-up exercise you may well see a concurrent increase in water weight due to tissue repair

weight loss is not linear

(how are you judging the calories in your exercise by the way .. if using MFP or machines you need to only enter 50-75% of suggested calories into MFP, if using an HRM again you need to cut down the calorie estimate, as body combat is not steady-state cardio)
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    i use a hrm hun, then i go onto shape sense and take away the calories that i would burn if i sat on the sofa instead i tend to only eat back half of these regardless.
    oh well i can only see what the scales say saturday - just wished i had a little crystal ball :D
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    i use a hrm hun, then i go onto shape sense and take away the calories that i would burn if i sat on the sofa instead i tend to only eat back half of these regardless.
    oh well i can only see what the scales say saturday - just wished i had a little crystal ball :D

Yeah

Your HRM .. I'd just half the calories you're given and log those

Then judge your weight loss over the next 8 weeks against your goal (averaging it out across the weeks) .. you may be able to eat back more
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    thanks hun