Water Weight Fluctuations - The Struggle is Real!

Options
DoreenaV1975
DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
edited July 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Just for fun, I weighed myself a few different times during a 24hour period to see the differences.
I wanted to share...
Hopefully this will help those freaking out about seeing their weight fluctuate when they are doing everything right!

06/30/15 -
6 AM - Woke up. Weighed myself (after my morning pee, naked, before my shower): weight = 113.9 (this is already 0.9 pounds up from the day before... but I wasn't worried, I know the process now).
Went through my normal day at work at the office.
Drank 5 cups of water, 2 cups of coffee, and 1 7.5oz of diet soda, stayed in my deficit; finishing my day at 1089 calories.
10 PM - weighed myself: weight = 117.7
Went to sleep
3:00 AM - woke up to let me dog outside to go potty. Weighed myself: 115.9

07/01/15 -
6 AM - Woke up. Weighed myself (again, after my morning pee, naked, before my shower): weight = 113.2

I didn't exercise during this 24 hour time period....
Also, just an FYI it is my TOM (sorry guys I know, TMI!) so my fluctuations may be on the extreme side, but there's no doubt that my body was all over the place "weight" wise...

I hope this helps those who don't believe in "water weight" fluctuations and who panic when they see the scale go up.
Yes, there are people who don't do everything right, but for those who do and still see fluctuations.. feel better knowing that it's not you!

As I mentioned, right now it may be an extreme case for me but reality is, my weight does fluctuate from morning to night. Since I know that I stay in my deficit, hydrate myself, and (on most days) exercise... I also know it's not a big deal. I usually go right back down the next day and usually, w/in a few days, my weight drops to a new low. I say usually because I've had a couple of instances of a couple of weeks of what I call a "temporary plateau" that eventually took care of itself because I stuck w/ the process.

*EDIT: BTW I used to be one of those people who freaked out!!! It was fellow MFP Peeps who helped me through it.. that's what I'm hoping to accomplish w/ this thread!

Replies

• DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    LOL! Sorry, I had to mention naked because I wanted to make sure everyone knew it wasn't my clothes making me weigh more! BTW - yes, be glad you're a dude! I wish I was a dude every time that "once a month thingy" comes along!!!!