I feel like nothing will help

Options
I have been doing my workouts and maintaining my calories and sugar intake, but I feel like I am just still in the same spot as when I started. It is hard to stay motivated when I am actually doing things right and it seems like it doesn't make a difference at all. How can I stay motivated?

Replies

• IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Not really enough info to answer that question for you. How long have you been at this? Do you weigh your food? If not you may be eating more than you think you are. It really does take sooooo much patience.
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Wait, "maintaining" your calories and sugar? In order for you to lose, you actually have to be in a caloric deficit, be it through diet or exercise. ALso, how long have you been at this?

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I have been doing my workouts and maintaining my calories and sugar intake, but I feel like I am just still in the same spot as when I started. It is hard to stay motivated when I am actually doing things right and it seems like it doesn't make a difference at all. How can I stay motivated?

Of course you will see no results in either direction. Or do you mean using MFP calories? Also sugar intake unless you have a medical issues does not hinder weight loss. Sodium shows on the scale more than sugar does.
  • BradW99
    BradW99 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Do more exercise, weights or cardiovascular.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options

So how exactly long have you been doing all this?

• Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    maybe u need to switch up your routine?
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Try something you've never done before.
  • SpeedRacer13
    SpeedRacer13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I felt that way for a long time...it was more work than it was worth, nothing was happening, I looked and felt the same....then on Sunday I just decided to finally get rid of all my 'skinny' clothes, feeling like I was never going to fit into them, just give up. Well guess what? I FIT INTO ALMOST ALL OF THEM! LOL...seriously though...it really does matter how long you have been doing this and calorie deficit will lose the weight as someone mentioned above.

Experiment a little, work out a little more, eat a little less. I found that when I stopped stressing on it, all of a sudden I lost weight. I also weigh myself every other week...which may not be a good idea for others, but it keeps me from stressing.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    -When did you start, and how long have you been stalled? Weight loss isn't linear, and sometimes it takes a few weeks to see results.

-How are you measuring foods? Eyeballing or even measuring cups can lead to large errors. Weigh everything but liquids to make sure you're not eating more than you think!

-How are you measuring your calorie burns? Are you eating them all back? Sometimes MFP and/or the machines will overestimate calories, and if you eat them all back, you may be cutting into your deficit.

-What other metrics are you using besides weight? The scale can be a big ol' meanie sometimes. Have you done before pictures to compare? Measurements of waist/hips/chest? How clothes fit? Measures of strength or endurance? They can often be better measures of progress (the scale can be affected by food in your system, water retention - especially as a woman - and other factors)