My reward :) What was/is yours?

Options
berlynn_j
berlynn_j Posts: 299 Member
I am still a work in progress. I haven't reached my ultimate goal. And I realize I probably never will. Which is not a bad thing. I don't ever want to stop setting new goals and working to improve myself. That being said, I had a reward in mind before I ever started this journey that I would give to myself when I was "done." I realize now that that day will never come, and as I chose something that represented change, I figured that now was a great time in my journey to reward myself and to provide motivation to continue.

I started out weighing 211 pounds, 5'6, and considered obese. As of my last weigh in I weigh 146 pounds. I started the couch to 5k program, and in a period of 10 months went from being able to run only 2 minutes to running a 5k, 8k, and ultimately a half marathon on a trail in March. I ate right and ran a lot.

Before/During :)
2h83aio.jpg

And here was my reward. Be gentle, I am not comfortable showing the belly just yet ;). It's an ouroboros, represents change. And I love it!
er0duv.jpg

So what was your reward to yourself or what are you planning on rewarding yourself with?

Replies

• berlynn_j
    Options
    bump :)
  • kimbtaylor1
    kimbtaylor1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I love the tat!!!! Once I reach my goal my reward is boobs! I know its vain but going from a full C to an A makes me uncomfortable. So that is what I'm doing.
  • berlynn_j
    Options
    I love the tat!!!! Once I reach my goal my reward is boobs! I know its vain but going from a full C to an A makes me uncomfortable. So that is what I'm doing.

I don't think it's vain, it's what makes you happy. Unfortunately, even at my heaviest I never carried weight there and I was barely B. Now I'm an A and I'm fine with it. But I've always been small up top and made peace with it long ago ;). You get those boobs so you can have that confidence! I say if it makes you happy, have at it!
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    My reward is waking up pain free and no meds to mask the pain. Taken 4 months but my body is back to the way it was when I was healthy--and guess what---not going back to feeling like SHAT!
  • ERBred
    ERBred Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Good for you.
  • ElizabethLovesFood
    ElizabethLovesFood Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My reward is waking up pain free and no meds to mask the pain. Taken 4 months but my body is back to the way it was when I was healthy--and guess what---not going back to feeling like SHAT!

love it i too went from taking narcotic pain meds, muscle relaxers, and nerve damage pain meds daily to hardly at all..im jus starting out but i wanna be healthy and med free
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I'm with you sister...something about the body's ability to adapt--love it--good luck and good health--keep moving or stop living.
  • lisette149
    Options
    A pair of nice high boots that fit over my calfs. I've never had small enough legs that tall boots would fit.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite sure what my ultimate goal reward will be yet, but I have a spa gift certificate I got as a gift, and I plan to use it when I make it halfway, which is about 25lbs from now.

My ultimate goal reward will probably include whisking kiddo off on a trip somewhere extra special.
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    :smile: After a hard workout, I allow myself a cup of coffee. That's my reward!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I have to rebuild my wardrobe after dropping 5 sizes. Sometimes I tell myself that if I run at least 5 miles, I can have a breakfast out, or a special coffee. But the big reward is all the new clothes. And they are necessary, its not like I can go to work in the 5 sizes too big ones:)
  • oohashbee
    oohashbee Posts: 21
    Options
    My reward if I drop 200lbs is a trip to back to Norway.

I went when I was probably around 375ish and although I had fun, I didn't get to do the things I wanted- hiking, learning to ski, shopping. This time i want to go without the 200 pounds holding me back!!
  • l0velife1
    l0velife1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are rewarding ourselves with some nice massages after we finish P90x but the ultimate goal reward for myself has always been pregnancy. This seems silly and counter productive but my first reason for getting fit and healthy was so that I could have a healthier pregnancy and one where I look good and can maybe bounce back faster. Close to the goal to and we are excited to try soon!
  • healthytanya1
    healthytanya1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Love the tattoo. My best friend just got her first tattoo on Saturday. We are 27 and I've always wanted to get one since I was a kid with my dads name in it. He died when I was 10. So I'm thinking when I lose all my weight maybe it will be time.
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    That's some amazing ink!!
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    That looks awesome! My reward is also a tattoo. A small butterfly to represent change.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I got a puppy. She's a great dane/mastiff mix. Her final adult weight will be around what I've lost. :tongue:
  • ihammen
    ihammen Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have two rewards. There is a North Face vest I have wanted forever. It's not the price so much as I think it looks way better on a smaller person, and finally that piece of long awaited decadent multi layer carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.
  • mandylgibbs
    mandylgibbs Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Well, I think it is beautiful. I have considered doing the same when I get down quite a bit smaller. I want to buy myself one of those rope swing things that have a weight limit of 250 when I lose the next 7 pounds. At 100 pounds lost (21 pounds away) I'm going on a mini weekend vacay. At Onederland I said I'd have some kind of professional photography done.
  • berlynn_j
    Options
    A pair of nice high boots that fit over my calfs. I've never had small enough legs that tall boots would fit.

I feel ya! I was so excited when I could finally do that! It's such a great feeling ;).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!