Skinny Tea

Options
I've seen a couple of youtubers make videos about these teas claiming they work. I was just wondering if anyone has tried adding 'skinny tea' to their regimen and what you think of it. They're kind of pricey, but if people are swearing by these teas then maybe they're worth a go...

http://skinny-teatox.com
http://skinnytea.com

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    They're a laxative. They make you poop water weight out.

They don't in any way help fat loss.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Nope. Only thing they are good for is testing the plumbing of your toilet.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    No to this.

Senna tea is a laxative. This is not a sound or safe way to lose weight.

Edited to add: Detoxes are unnecessary and unsafe as well.
  • SparkyJess3
    SparkyJess3 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Just stick to water!
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    This image sums it all up..

h1zl16375rjk.jpg
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    So the forums are just going to go ahead and cover all the scammy weight loss products today? Herbalife, itWorks, Shakeology, Skinny Tea?

I need to have a copypasta reply to these types of threads - it would be a lot easier.
  • SparkyJess3
    SparkyJess3 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    @Alyssa_Is_LosingIt I totally agree!
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I used Slim Tea when I was dramatically increasing my fiber intake. It helped. It works as a laxative, not meant to lose weight, just meant to alleviate :smile:
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You can copy this one if you like:

38800-Cat-gif--no-no-no-no-no-WGZ4.gif

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    Aaaaand, copied.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    You can copy this one if you like:

Haha. It did show up. It didn't on my end so I changed it. Well done.

I think there was just a misplaced apostrophe at the end of the link. :smile: I always butcher my .gif links so I always end up having to edit mine.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I've never once thought that I'm not spending enough time in the bathroom with excessive pooping to want to try any of these teas. I do have a friend that drinks them - doesn't seem to do much - other than making her poop a lot.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    I've never once thought that I'm not spending enough time in the bathroom with excessive pooping to want to try any of these teas. I do have a friend that drinks them - doesn't seem to do much - other than making her poop a lot.

But think of how much sexier you would be with an electrolyte imbalance! /s
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    By the way if you do try these it can make birth control pills fail. Just a tip.
  • noel2fit
    noel2fit Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    So the forums are just going to go ahead and cover all the scammy weight loss products today? Herbalife, itWorks, Shakeology, Skinny Tea?

I need to have a copypasta reply to these types of threads - it would be a lot easier.

That's actually exactly what prompted me to ask this. I don't do any of the shakeology or herbalife type stuff, but thought "how can organic tea hurt you?" Should have known it was a laxative :neutral: bummer. If it sounds too good to be true...
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    noel2fit wrote: »

That's actually exactly what prompted me to ask this. I don't do any of the shakeology or herbalife type stuff, but thought "how can organic tea hurt you?" Should have known it was a laxative :neutral: bummer. If it sounds too good to be true...

Exactly. The marketing for that stuff is very misleading ("organic tea" - it should be illegal for them to use that type of label for their marketing). And thanks for being understanding, OP!