What is your favorite/recommended food scale

Options
I'm looking for a reliable food scale. Nothing too big but now that my husband and I are back on the fitness train (minus that delicious Haagan Daas bar I had for lunch) I would really like to start measuring.

What is your favorite? Why do you like it so much?

Thanks!

Replies

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Kitchen-Gurus-Glass-Digital-Scale/dp/B00HARZJFW

That is the scale I have and I love it. It's super easy to clean and doesn't take up a huge footprint on my counter top.
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I have the "Eatsmart Precision Elite" digital. Got it on Amazon. Less than $40 prime. My favorite feature is the size of the platform. ETA: it's larger than most. It switches from ounces to grams to fractions of a lb. Starts up quickly and tares quickly. ETA: this scale goes up to 15 lbs, so I can measure whole cooked dishes and get a per ounce calorie count to breakdown recipe nutrition
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Just posted this in a different thread a little while ago:

There's not that much differentiation with food scales these days. All you need are:
    • Tare/zero button
    • Easily changed from ounces to grams
    • Flat weighing surface, raised over the controls/display is nice. Integrated food bowls are often more trouble than they're worth.
    • Cheap. More than US $25-30 is probably overkill

I would advise against the models Walmart sells under their Mainstays brand because the switch from ounces to grams is on the bottom of the scale, and it defaults to ounces every time it turns on. That makes it a big pain to use when you use grams frequently.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    OXO, mostly because it has the readout on a plate you can pull out, so you don't have to bend or squint to read the numbers.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    NumbrsNerd wrote: »
    I have the "Eatsmart Precision Elite" digital. Got it on Amazon. Less than $40 prime. My favorite feature is the size of the platform. ETA: it's larger than most. It switches from ounces to grams to fractions of a lb. Starts up quickly and tares quickly. ETA: this scale goes up to 15 lbs, so I can measure whole cooked dishes and get a per ounce calorie count to breakdown recipe nutrition

Thank you. My current scale will not weigh any of my pots or pans. I need one that can weigh those so I can weigh the finished dish! I have to transfer it to a lighter weight container if I want to weigh the whole dish, which means more dishes :(

• DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    http://www.target.com/p/taylor-digital-food-scale/-/A-11011109#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=food+scale

quick run to target will get you this :) works great, tares quickly, auto shutoff, and returns to the measurement (gram, oz) that it turned off at. :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    OXO