why do people hate country music?

Options

Replies

• bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I like country. And yes, the radio-pop-hybrid version of it. I also listen to regular pop music, rap, and oldies. Love me some Luke Bryan... could take or leave the music, but I saw him on stage and he can shake it for me!!! :blushing:

Funny cuz he sings, country girl shake it for me girl.....

I know my country music!

I think my sister likes him, or something like that. I know I've heard the name...
  • shaypearl
    shaypearl Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I absolutely, positively LOVE country music. Give me some Carrier Underwood, Tim McGraw (so hot), The Perry Band, Alan Jackson, (I can go on) any day.
  • Jokenmit
    Jokenmit Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    love all music...the only kind I would 'prefer' not to listen to is some of the new rap. always had a soft spot for country....nothing hotter than a man in a cowboy hat that can play a guitar and sing :) but hey...I got everything from Keith Urban to Korn in my car. It all depends on the mood.
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I dislike country music because I always imagine a really twangy voice playing a really twangy guitar but in college I was exposed to some pretty good country music and it is tolerable. :)
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I like it sometimes. I think most things on the radio all sound the same and boring to me though. And that's not just country, but pop stations and rap stations as well.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    Options
    Brad Paisley, Dierks Bentley....
  • NormInv
    Options
    even that doofus Kenney Chesney
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I love most genres of music.I love country music, makes me want to go to the beach, pop open a beer, dance and make out lol. My boyfriend hates it, says it all sounds the same and makes you want to kill yourself lol.He loves metal and I can't stand that "music".I think that sounds all the same lol.I guess it's just a matter of taste.
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I was never a huge fan until recently. I'm still not a huge fan, but I enjoy it quite a lot. I've discovered, in my old age, that what I really want from a song is 1.real instruments, 2.a nice melody, 3. lyrics that I can understand, and 4.an absence of swear words. Country music delivers those things, lol. It's not the top of my list of preferences, but it's worlds above rap and hiphop and trance and pop-diva stuff.

^Pretty much this. I'm entirely tired of the electronic sound that is in todays pop music, including the voices. I enjoy listening to actual talent. I mostly like Hank Williams...all of them:) and Waylon Jennings but you have to have a pretty thick skin to listen to some of their songs.
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    No black artist.

Wrong! Charlie Pride.
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    I do like Miranda Lambert and Gretchen Wilson.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    outside of the gym, i pretty much only listen to country.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options
    Kenny, Keith, Tim, Carrie, Taylor, Luke, Blake, Band Perry, Thompson Square... I like them all.... I love Kenny's song, Pirate Flag... OOHHH!! And I love the Zac Brown Band!! Toes in the water...
  • NormInv
    Options
    Some people hate country because of all it represents in terms of politics. But many modern country artists are not signing about the politics.

They are singing about how they lost their cats and dogs and trucks and girls and mortgages.

I feel like you can ignore the politics and just enjoy the art.

My political views do not align well with the artist's but it takes a great person to rise above that and enjoy the art.
  • NormInv
    Options
    Kenny, Keith, Tim, Carrie, Taylor, Luke, Blake, Band Perry, Thompson Square... I like them all.... I love Kenny's song, Pirate Flag... OOHHH!! And I love the Zac Brown Band!! Toes in the water...

You said it, girl! But you left out Paisley and Bentley...blasphemy!
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    The Thunder Rolls is the only acceptable country song to my ears.
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options

Am I the only one who wants to have fun tonight??

And Eric Church! Yummy ;)
  • NormInv
    Options

Am I the only one who wants to have fun tonight??

And Eric Church! Yummy ;)

Springsteen! Definitely Church!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    The Thunder Rolls is the only acceptable country song to my ears.

That one's alright. Over the years I've had to learn how to stomach the stuff because it's all my family and a former roommate listen to