65lbs by December

Options
mgonyer123
mgonyer123 Posts: 74 Member
edited July 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Is it possible to lose that (in a healthy way of course!) By the end of December?

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    If you're severely obese...perhaps (that's about 2.5 lbs per week). If you're not, probably not.
  • mgonyer123
    mgonyer123 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I just realized I could do the math. Wow talk about a blonde moment lol. I see how that would be difficult. Darn.
  • SWellz
    SWellz Posts: 62 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Your goal depends on a lot of things. There are a million people here who can and will give you advice on how to accomplish it. My only suggestion is not to think of it as 65lbs in 6 months. I think breaking it up into a goal of two lbs a week or eight lbs a month is a nicer way to put it. That way, you have a specific goal every week/month and have many hills to walk vs one huge mountain to climb. Just a thought. Good luck, I'm sure you can do it, even if not by December.
  • hutchin88
    hutchin88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You could get close :smile:
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    probably not. it took me 6 months to lose 50. you have weeks you lose, and weeks you dont and even weeks you gain.

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You can weigh less than you do now. That will be a Happy Christmas.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »

that....
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    It depends on your start weight and how much you have to lose before you reach the 200 pound mark. If you are at least 265 pounds then depending upon your activity level and dedication then it is possible although still likely that you would fall short a little bit. You've only got 26 weeks left before the end of December. So at 2 pounds per week you're looking at 52 pounds. Again, assuming you have a lot of weight to lose. If you're just starting the diet then you will probably lose another 5+ pounds in water weight at the very beginning. So its possible to come close but only if you are way overweight. As you start to get below the 200 pound mark it becomes increasing more difficult to lose the 2 pounds per week and then you start looking at 1 1/2 or 1 pound per week. Set your plan up with MFP to lose 2 pounds per week and if you make it...great if not then don't beat yourself up about it...there's always January. :)
  • ihaveeverythingineed
    ihaveeverythingineed Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I think you could get close doing it healthy and you could probably be successful doing it completely unhealthy. And when you do lose weight before Christmas, don't blow it and go completely off track from Christmas to New Year. I did that and I gained a bunch of weight back and kept going through January...lol Good Luck!
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Depends on starting weight. One of my MFP friends just lost 55lbs in 2 months. At his weight, totally reasonable. He's eating a bit more than 1500 cal a day and is doing a daily walk of not quite 2 miles. I'm straining at the limits of reasonable weightloss with my 9 in 1 month. I'm eating just under 1200 cal a day and am walking an average of 19,000 steps a day + working out.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

Yeah this. Any amount will put you in a better place than you are now, right?

• Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I think that you should just focus on making each day the best you can. I started in August 2014 and I was 450. I am now 271 in 11 months. I had so much to lose I couldn't think about an overall number. I just keep trying to make each day the best I can. Feel free to add me for support I do get the struggle for sure.
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    depends where you are starting- i just lost 75 in six months, but where I'm at now, I probably won't be able to lose my last 50 by December, it will significantly slow down.
  • kraft_kris
    kraft_kris Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Btbeam wrote: »
    I think that you should just focus on making each day the best you can. I started in August 2014 and I was 450. I am now 271 in 11 months. I had so much to lose I couldn't think about an overall number. I just keep trying to make each day the best I can. Feel free to add me for support I do get the struggle for sure.

don't mean to hijack - but - well done, sir!!
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    lizzocat wrote: »
    depends where you are starting- i just lost 75 in six months, but where I'm at now, I probably won't be able to lose my last 50 by December, it will significantly slow down.

Exactly this. I lost about the same in the same time. I'm down to 179.9lbs from 253.5lbs and my 6 month mark is in 2 days.

It's going a lot slower now. 1-1.5lbs per week.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Your ticker says you have 46 left to lose?
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Unlikely. It's taken me a year to lose 60lbs, I started at 211lbs. Remember, losing 20lbs, 30lbs, 40lbs by december would still be progress you wouldn't otherwise have made if you hadn't stuck to it!
  • wanmoore162
    wanmoore162 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Depends on starting weight. One of my MFP friends just lost 55lbs in 2 months. At his weight, totally reasonable. He's eating a bit more than 1500 cal a day and is doing a daily walk of not quite 2 miles. I'm straining at the limits of reasonable weightloss with my 9 in 1 month. I'm eating just under 1200 cal a day and am walking an average of 19,000 steps a day + working out.

Your friend lost 55 pounds in 2 months, that's a bit excessive isn't that?
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    But if you start now, you will be closer to you goal in December then waiting any longer :)
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options

Yup. I wanted to lose 40 pounds by last Christmas and I lost 30. I was still pretty happy.