Tire workkout

Options
Navallez
Navallez Posts: 436 Member
Hi everyone I am trying differet workouts at home since I do not have a gym membership. I got a tractor tire from my local tire shop and have been looking online for workouts and they are all basicaly a tire flip. However I don't know how long or how many reps to do..any suggestions? Keep in mind I am a 300+ lb woman and this is my first time doing this.

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    Navallez wrote: »
    However I don't know how long or how many reps to do..any suggestions?

You do it till you're tired. B)

You can also hit it with a sledgehammer:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=RPkFe7B5OwA
  • Navallez
    Options
    lol seems like a good idea I did think of that but then I thought hmmm I got tired after the first two flips :) thanks for the link I will try that also
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    http://youtu.be/Ys_4cLHtRCA
    Can I come over and play?
  • rmitchell239
    rmitchell239 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous! Sledge hammer, tire flips, jumping on and off the tire, jump over tire to the middle then jump to the other side, Incline pushups, decline pushups, deadlift the tire over and over (maintain good form), I'd try max tire flips 2? Then try adding one every workout. You can have a lot of fun.
  • Navallez
    Options
    Thanks for the video and suggestions I really appreciate it. I started with tire flips in my backyard, back and forth are a total of 14 flips. It kicked my butt lol walking a mile is a piece of cake compared to this.
  • WeaponXI
    WeaponXI Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Tire work is great for conditioning, whether it be sledgehammer work, or tire flips. But with regards to tire flips, be cautious and practice good form. Tractor tires are heavy and awkward shaped, and form can break down easily especially when exhaustion sets in.
  • Navallez
    Options
    I am trying to work on good form, looking at videos where they explain how to do it properly. My lower back hurts a bit but I think its more from starting a new workout. Considering how tired I was and how much I was sweating(I'm not a big sweater lol) I thought I was going to wake up with a big back ache. My whole body aches in general.