Why the negative?

Options
I am going to try to post something positive everyday I am on. I work with intellectually disabled adults and the staff can tend to look on the negative side. I put a magnetic board on my door and try to write some positive quote or something everyday (if not every other day). I was amazed that they make excuses to walk by (or in my office) to read it! Here is today's:
Blowing out another person's candle won't make yours any brighter. ;)

Replies

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    One of the greatest pieces of advice I received was very simple "Remove negative people from your life".
  • thecoker
    thecoker Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    That's a good one! I also like I am thankful for all those difficult people in my life. They have shown me exactly who I do not want to be.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Nice. The person who stated that also included the caveat - "except family - those you can minimize, but can never remove. Unfortunately you're stuck with them"
  • thecoker
    Options
    Today's is matching the drama here at work perfectly: Just like a rubber band, when you stretch the truth, watch out for the snapback. I guess it's not necessarily positive- but it is something to ponder!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately our species likes to dwell on the negative. It's in our news, our media, and also used to make others try to feel better about their current situation by dumping on others with negativity.
    You can't control others feelings. You can only inspire. My family knows that I don't let negativity affect me which is probably why I hardly ever get sick or stressed. It's rare that you don't see me smiling or cracking a joke. Some will NEVER look at anything in a positive manner even if everything is going right for them.

It's your Attitude, not your Aptitude, that determines your Altitude.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • thecoker
    Options
    Love it! And yes- you are so right! I try to live in the positive, but.... so I am going to force a smile and get on with my day! Thanks! :)
  • melissaf0405
    melissaf0405 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I love the quote " be the change you want to see"
  • thecoker
    Options
    YES! We can't change others, but we CAN change ourselves for the better and hope they follow suit!

Today's is: A bad attitude is like a flat tire. You can't go anywhere until you change it. ;)