Extremely Fatigued

Options
Its only been 32 days that I've started counting calories on Mfp and I'm not sure if its the stress I'm going through or if I'm overall eating to little. 1200 calories a day but I only exercise about 2 to 3x a week for only 30 minutes to an hour. I just recently started getting fatigued it hasn't been since day 1. I don't drink coffee because I have to have it with lots of cream and sugar so what could this be && what may help?? Feel free to add me thank you.

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Set your goal to .5 lb. for every 25 lbs. you're overweight—which is way more than 1,200 calories. Then read the Sexypants post to understand how MFP works: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Maybe try increasing your calories by a little on the days that you work out. I'm not sure of your stats (height, weight), but 1200 is typically the very bottom limit of the number of calories you want to take in. If you know how many calories you're burning, eat back 1/2 of them. See if that helps.

Also, make sure you're eating a decent amount of protein and fat. Carbs aren't bad, but it's sometimes easier to over indulge on carbs and end up shorting yourself of good fats and protein.

I'd also recommend a multi-vitamin, but that's a personal preference. On sedentary days, I aim for 1200 as well. I noticed that I started feeling a little low, so I started taking my vitamins again and perked up. I think the increase of D, B12, and Iron helped.
  • lalainap19
    lalainap19 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    OK thanks a lot . I typically don't eat some of the calories I've burned so maybe that's the coperate. I'm 5'5 161 pounds and 23 years old.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    lalainap19 wrote: »
    OK thanks a lot . I typically don't eat some of the calories I've burned so maybe that's the coperate. I'm 5'5 161 pounds and 23 years old.

How many are you eating back?

Generally if you're on 1200 calories, just eat all the calories back. You'll be in a deficit still, as 1200 calories is an aggressive deficit. No harm in that really.
  • lalainap19
    Options
    Ok I'll try that. If I work out I still try to stay at 1200 calories because I just felt it defeats the purpose of the deficit but if it will help me feel more energized I'm all in.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    The same thing happened to me. I had to change my goal from 1 pound to .5 weekly. I was so weak and cranky! I went up to 1,370 or so and was so much happier. How tall are you?
  • lalainap19
    Options
    5'5 161 pounds Goal 127 23 years old
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I think that you should bump up to 1300 at the minimum every day regardless. And see how you feel. If your fatigued that's your body telling you something. Feel free to add me.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    1,300 should be good. I easily cruised toward my goal even after I upped my calories. I'm sure I was much more pleasant to be around, too. :blush:
  • lalainap19
    Options
    I bet. It doesn't feel good to be so tired I notice when I eat I'm energized after then wears off I'm going to start eating more for sure I just took a super b complex vitamin hopefully I can get some energy today is the worst I don't want to do anything at all. :(
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    How have you been sleeping?
  • lalainap19
    Options
    I've had problems sleeping ever since I moved to California in February
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Ok I'll try that. If I work out I still try to stay at 1200 calories because I just felt it defeats the purpose of the deficit but if it will help me feel more energized I'm all in.

it does not defeat the purpose of the deficit- you are still IN a deficit.
  • lalainap19
    Options
    Lol I meant the purpose of working out.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to lose two pounds a week? Given that you're not very heavy (I know because I started out at your stats!), you're better off trying to lose more slowly and getting to eat more. What's your goal? If you're only trying to lose 25-30 pounds, it's recommended to aim for .5 lbs a week; go for a pound a week if you want to lose a bit more. And eat back at least some of your exercise calories. You'll feel better.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

you dont understand how this works.

NO, it does NOT defeat the purpose of working out. you lose weight in the KITCHEN. You gain HEALTH in the GYM. You are supposed to eat back those calories because its like gas for your body.
  • OffKilter5150
    OffKilter5150 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You need to fuel your body! You need to eat! I agree, that if you aren't on a medically supervised diet, that 1200 is way too low!!
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options

you dont understand how this works.

NO, it does NOT defeat the purpose of working out. you lose weight in the KITCHEN. You gain HEALTH in the GYM. You are supposed to eat back those calories because its like gas for your body.

This is true. You should eat at least half of your calories back from exercise. I don't know how you're calculating your exercise calories, but MFP is notorious for inflating those numbers.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Also got to get enough carbs to keep up day-to-day energy.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    You need to fuel your body! You need to eat! I agree, that if you aren't on a medically supervised diet, that 1200 is way too low!!

Not true. But it may be too low for you personally to feel comfortable.