Opening my Diary

Options
So, I've just gotten into the swing of this and after a week or so, I would like your guys tips and tricks! I am aware that I am over eating on most days but this is my first week logging and really watching what I eat instead of eating everything I see!

I am 5ft 1, 142 pounds hoping to lose about 20 pounds! I'm also starting pilates again Monday!

Replies

• MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Your logging looks good, most things seem weighed though there are a few things I'd like to ask about. For sunday dinner, that roast pork dinner, did you create that entry yourself with all the ingredients you used? If not, it's probably not accurate. The Waitrose trifle, what was 1 portion, 100g? If so, did you weigh this out? 100g of trifle doesn't sound like a lot. And for monday, 'mum's spaghetti bolognese'... is this an entry you made yourself, with everything your mum (presumably) used? Could be inaccurate otherwise. Again, saturday, 'bacon sandwich, homemade'. Avoid entries like this, just enter each ingredient seperately. Bread, bacon, etc.
    Don't worry too much about going over, since some days you are under. It balances out. You seem to be getting a good amount of protein most days which is good!
    Good luck :)
  • amyr271
    amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Thanks, and the trifle was weighed out to the recommended portion size on the tub and the tuna pasta salad that I've made for lunch tomorrow was all weighed out each individual item, was seriously surprised how many calories are in Mayonnaise, I used to slather that stuff over my food! Although, I will admit the roast was an entry that I found :(

My only issue is eating out, how do you know how many calories are in things as a lot of restaurants don't give this information out!

I used to be slim and fit but then working at McDonald's for two years got me into a weird eating pattern due to odd shift patterns and I picked up some fairly bad food habits and I put on two stone and feeling crappy about myself :/
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Ah, right :) some people just scoop some out and call it 100g. It's good that you weigh things. And yeah, that's why I use the Light mayo! It doesn't taste much different but the extra light one is yuck.

A lot of restaurants won't have that information in store, but will have it online. It's worth looking into. If you can't find the info and it really worries you, you could try wetherspoons? They have calories on all their food, right there on the menu. And there's a spoons... pretty much everywhere haha.
  • amyr271
    amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm supposed to be going out tomorrow for a payday meal, but we haven't decided were but trying to find a restaurant that hsy its nutritional values available is harder than I thought.

It's why I've been to nandos, their website it clear and easy regardless of how accurate it may or may not be!