50 pounds lost, first bikini, be proud of your tummy! (pics below post)

Options
13»

Replies

• BRobertson23
    BRobertson23 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I understand the feelings you went through. I wore a bikini for the first time in public last week. I wasn't around a ton of people, but just being out in the open as I enjoyed time in a 2 piece was a new experience for me.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Nice post, you look really great! Wear that bikini with confidence!
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!!!
  • Watch_Me_Rise
    Watch_Me_Rise Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, seriously! I love this post and your attitude :)
  • jmarchante24
    jmarchante24 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK SO GOOD AND MOST OF ALL HAPPY. ;)
  • madd4luke
    madd4luke Posts: 6 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You look great and should be proud of yourself!! I, too, went to Cancun in May and had the same anxieties until I looked around and saw all the different shapes/ "tummy stories". I enjoyed your post, as it is encouraging to other women struggling with their body image. :)
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I have never worn a bikini in my life. This post makes me see that I can one day. You're awesome :)
  • bhanvi
    bhanvi Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Eeep! Scary post! It’s been awhile since I’ve had a Transformation Tuesday of my own to share, mainly because the scale hasn’t been going down and I didn’t want to just post past progress. I recently went to Cancun and finally put on the first bikini I’ve ever worn in public (picture on the right). Though my confidence has grown since the picture on the left, it was still nerve-wracking and I felt embarrassed and self conscious after we left our room at the resort to head to the beach. I even thought about hopping back on the tram to go back to the room and put my tankini on to cover up my tummy. But as I stood there at the entrance to our section at the beach, I looked around at all of the other women there. Not because I wanted to compare myself to them, but because I know everyone’s story is different. I read an article the other day about "Every tummy has a story." There were some tummies around me that held babies in the past or even in the present; there were tummies that were a little “puffy” because there was so much delicious food at our resort; big tummies, little tummies, tummies in between. I thought about my tummy and how I’ve lost 50 pounds, as well as 8 inches in my waist and 8 inches in my hips. I have loved my body enough to get healthy, be active, and eat cleaner. So why wasn’t I embracing the changes my body has made and be PROUD of my tummy and baring it to the world? So I went out onto that beach, took off my cover-up, and waded into the Caribbean Sea with a smile on my face and a bounce in my step. I need to remember that feeling every time I’m down and out or not progressing further toward my goal as quickly as I’d like. I may not be at my goal weight, but I’ve sure come a long way and I need to love my body as much as I have loved this process. :-D

P.S. Yes I know it's Wednesday and I'm sharing a Transformation Tuesday, but I got a little busy last night haha

3uq9m6u1jkle.jpg

Wowww you look hot.Congratulations!! What did you do to lose so much weight and how long did it take? I need to lose 50 pounds as well and I could use some advice. :)
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Good for you! For the first time since I was a kid (I'm 45 now), I'm actually considering a bikini rather than a tankini or one piece. My tummy DOES have a story, and the story has left its mark. But that story is just as valid as everyone else's and shouldn't be hidden! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • infinikitty
    infinikitty Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    All of you that haven't worn a bikini at least once, DO IT! Your tummy deserves to be shown off :-D I love all the comments and am so happy that I have inspired some of you! You all continue to inspire ME!
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Be proud because if I saw your tummy on a beach id belike wow she works hard
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!