Help! IDK How to eat right for my new class (CrossFit)

Hello. I started a beginners cross fit class about 3 weeks ago. I am not seeing any weight loss all. So for the last couple days I have been sticking strictly to the 1700 calorie limit my nutritionist set me on. doing this I have lost a ton of energy and it has made the workouts almost impossible. my instructor noticed and told me if I do not eat enough before class he will have to block me from the class for safety reasons. I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem? and if you're in CrossFit what should I be eating before or after my workout to give me more energy.

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    What are your macros? Preferably in grams instead of percentages?

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    What are your stats? 1700 isn't that low (although it might be lower than is ideal for you), so I wonder if it might have to do with timing. Some people do well not eating much before a workout, but others benefit from eating before. Personally, I can run fasted, but if I'm doing something with weights I'm much better eating before.
  • tspencer824
    tspencer824 Posts: 23 Member
    Not to be mean but why are you asking strangers on the internet when you have a nutritionist?

If you are paying a professional good money, seek them out. As a trainer it really kills me when my clients don't ask me something that they are paying me for or trusting me or when they come back after asking strangers and tell me I was right all along.

Have your nutritionist look at your caloric usage during crossfit and adjust if necessary. Maybe you need a preworkout or Aminos to get you through.
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Are you eating more on exercise days or 1,700 calories is regardless of your exercises?