What to do inside.

So I have started walking and swimming to help feel better and maybe lose some pounds but, it is looking like this summer is going to be a very wet summer I need ideas for activities I can do inside. Right now I hove no access to any exercise equipment or the finances to be able to get a gym membership. I have the room to do maybe 50 steps in a loop around my house. Any ideas?

Replies

• kab789
    kab789 Posts: 110 Member
    Look for Leslie Sansone videos on Youtube she has some really good at home fitness walking videos.
  • rosekcat
    rosekcat Posts: 9 Member
    A little more about my self to help with idea gathering, I am 26, I walk and swim, I work overnight at walmart, I am not fit, I am 260 pounds, I have one knee that is arthritic. When I am at work I am on my feet but not always moving. I would like to add running to my current list of things I do to work out. I am going to start biking once I fix up my bike. If you need more info please ask.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    There's plenty of exercise you can do with no equipment at home. The 12 minute athlete website has heaps of work outs that don't need equipment. They're quite intense workouts, but you can scale them and take rest breaks while you increase your fitness.

YouTube videos are great for body weight routines - squats, jump squats, lunges, push ups (on your knees or furniture if you can't get on your toes yet), jumping jacks etc. It doesn't have to be fancy - it just had to get you moving. You can use containers filled with water or rice to replace hand weights. There's also the option of yoga and Pilates - no equipment, doesn't need much room and there are lots of beginners classes on YouTube. (If you do get interested in yoga if you can afford a once off session at a studio to have your alignment checked I think it's worth it.)
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited July 2015
    Stay away from jump squats!

This is a pretty good guide to exercising with arthritis (especially page 2)
  • demoiselle2014
    demoiselle2014 Posts: 474 Member
    I have a hula hoop that I can use in the living room while watching TV or listening to music.