New to My Fitness Pal trying to make changes

Options
Hi,

My name is Leslie, I am 48 years old just quit smoking on 05/07. I am the mother of 5 with the oldest being 30 and the younget 15 she is the last still at home. On a recent visit to the doctor I was told that I am pre-diabetic (I was gestaional diabetic). With that being said I am trying to lose weight to help my numbers come down sugar and triglycerides. I think I have replaced cigarettes with green peppers. LOL.

I have gained and lost and gained and lost my entire life. Now I not only do I want to lose my extra weight for myself (preferably before I am 50, lol), but I need to as well unless I want to become a diabetic. Of course losing weight does not guarantee that I won't get diabetes it will certainly help my numbers.

I started doing a meal plan given to me from a co-worker it's 5 small meals a day more protien and less carbs (only good carbs) with protien shakes as one of the meals. I showed it to my doctor before starting who really liked it. I started on 06/03 at 207 and I am currently at 203. So I will continue on, with my first goal of 30 lbs.

Looking for any suggestions what is working for people or what isn't and love to hear of other's sucesses! Good luck to all and if I can help anyone please just ask I would be more that happy to try! :)