how can I track a calorie deficit in mfp plz help

Sukanyanaswa
Sukanyanaswa Posts: 2 Member
edited July 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi
I have set my goal as daily 1200 calories for food and I work out for around 1k to 1500 calories a day but hw do I keep track f my calorie deficit plz help so cnfused

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Hi
    I have set my goal as daily 1200 calories for food and I work out for around 1k to 1500 calories a day but hw do I keep track f my calorie deficit plz help so cnfused

Before you even think about logging any exercise (which is through the exercise diary) how are you judging you get 1000 to 1500 calories a day from exercise .. those are ridiculous numbers
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Your deficit is built in to the 1200, so you could eat 1200, do no exercise, and lose weight. If you exercise you eat your exercise calories back - so if you burn off 1000 at the gym, then you'd eat back those 1000 calories on top of the 1200, so you'd eat 2200 in total.

Of course 1000 to 1500 is a hell of a lot of calories to burn in a work out. How do you work out how many calories you've burnt? If you're using the gym machines or MFP's exercise database then most people tend to eat back 50-80% of the calories they give as they tend to overestimate a lot.
  • Sued0nim
    Let's go back to the beginning

You're a 30 year old woman, what is your height and current weight?
    What do you do for a living eg your activity level without exercise?
    What exercise are you doing on top of that?

• Sukanyanaswa
    Sukanyanaswa Posts: 2 Member
    1.5 hrs in d gym 30 min of dance aerobics and arnd 5 to 6kms of brisk walking..im using other apps to track my exercise calories
  • Sued0nim
    What are you doing in the gym and how are you measuring your calorie burn?

Dependent on your current weight and the intensity and consistency your dance aerobics is probably about 200 calories, the walking another 200

Apps are notorious over-estimators - best to cut it in half really