How fast do you lose weight?

Options
Seigla
Seigla Posts: 172 Member
During some weeks I've lost 1.5 kg (3 lbs), but now that I am losing my final 5 kg I lose barely 0.5 kg (1 lbs).

So, results come slowly. I have stopped setting deadlines, I will just make sure that I keep losing and eventually I should reach my goal. Could be in 3 months or so if I keep losing consistently, but it could also take 6.

What about you?

Replies

• duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Every week is different. Sometimes I lose 2, sometimes 4. I've lost 127 pounds in 6 months. I am 6'5, CW: 209
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Currently losing .75-1 lb a week while aiming for .5. So slightly faster than I would like, which I hope means I can eat more than the 1900ish calculators say I would maintain on. I have 7 pounds to go.

Deadlines are ridiculous. I'm glad you realize this. The body does what it wants to do, plus there are always social gatherings and holidays that tempt you from the plan.
  • joolieb1
    joolieb1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP for three weeks and have 42 lbs to lose. I set it to lose 1 lb a week and have 1500 daily calories. I do exercise every day and do not eat extras burned through activity. I have lost 6 lbs - 3, 2 and then 1 lb (2 per week)! Happy with that. Will keep doing same for time being
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Well I lost about 10lbs the first week (mostly water weight I'm sure), then about 6, then like 3, and I think this week maybe only 1? I might even gain? But I feel a little more energetic, and perform better in exercise every day, so I'm not gonna stress over it...also my bathroom visits are much more pleasant...so there's that..
  • Willitow
    Willitow Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Using MFP for 6 days now and lost almost 5kg from 132 to 127.4 ! Im eating less than the app.recommended for me witch is 1800 calories. But I think soon I will start to eat a little more so won't get sick. lol
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    on average, 2 lbs a week. sometimes more, sometimes less, sometimes not at all. i workout about 5 times a week and eat back half to all of my calories usually. again, varies depending on the day but half is a good, average estimate. i eat around 1400 cals/ day/.

ive lost 50 pounds since jan.
  • Seigla
    Seigla Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    @callsitlikeiseeit - wow very nice!

@Willitow - you lost 5 kg in 6 days? Must be mostly water or the measurements weren't accurate. If it was body fat it would be 5 kg * 7700 cal/kg = 38500 cal -> divided by 6 (days) = a deficit of about 6400 calories per day. At you weight you would have to run 100 kilometers per day to create such a deficit (without eating what you burn). Not saying it is all water, but probably a big part is. Which is normal of course if you're just starting.

@danieltsmoke - interesting that the body can store so much water. You probably also lost a good amount of fat also. But nice, you have 20 lbs less weight to carry around, which must make a difference!

@joolieb - good work! I hope you'll get there!

@barbequesauce - nice... slow and steady! :) Deadlines are silly indeed. Setting them only frustrates me unexpected things happen (and they always happen). I know I will reach my goal if I just keep going, no need to push myself. Also I also have other responsibilities (university, work) and if I overfocus on losing weight those will suffer.

@duddysdad - wow that is impressive! I've only lost 50 lbs total. You're also doing it quickly, nice! 5 lbs per week on average.

• amazon35
    amazon35 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Since April 1st I've lost 40lbs. BUT I have alot to loose total of 110-135 lbs. Some weeks I loose 1 lb sometimes I loose 7. I'm supposed to eat 1700 cal but I stay between 15-1600. And then If I start to stall out I'll go way over my calories for 1 day and for some reason it jump starts it again. I don't know why. I just started exercising a week ago.
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    When I was a BMI=overweight (between 150-180) I could lose 1-1.5 pounds a week relatively easily. Between 140-150 (BMI=healthy) it got a bit slower but I could still lose a pound a week. Now less than 140 pounds, and as I am trying to get into the 120's, I am losing less than a pound a week and normal body fluctuations mask everything SO much more than they used to. Now I also tend to get more "stall/whoosh" (NOT a plateau) effects.
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm still in the honeymoon phase of starting my weightloss up again/water weight. I weigh in once a week and have only done two weigh-ins so far, but I lost 4.4 on week one and 3.2 in week two. My calorie deficit is set to 1 lb per week, and i'm supposed to net around 1470 cals, but I am generally below that amount (which is bad, and I'm trying to throw in some smaller snacks at the end of the day so my deficit isn't too big). We'll see this Saturday morning if it's another 2+ lb loss. If so, I'll start being a little concerned.

So, personally hoping mine slows down a bit to be more in the 1lb range soon since these big chunks make me nervous that I really need to up my calories.
  • spatulamom
    spatulamom Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    In 6 weeks, I've lost 10.4 lbs, so I'm averaging about 1.7 lbs a week. Considering I have my deficit set to 1 lb a week, I'm pretty happy with that number. I could set it to 2 lbs a week, but honestly? This is going to take awhile. I don't want to be unhappily hungry the entire time.
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    My weight loss has been non-linear, like it is for everyone else.

Ive gained 8 lbs. ( mostly sodium based water retention ) in a week, and lost it the next.

I'm not using MFP in the usual fashions, so not sure how helpful my data would be to everyone else. I eat at a set 18% deficit from the maint nutrition profile of my goal weight. So, naturally, as I get closer to that goal, the day to day/week to week CICO deficit gradually lessens, and I sort of "glide in" to my ideal range.

The idea is, that I am training myself ( psychologically ) for the nutrition profile I will continue indefinately, so that it becomes second nature.

When I started, I had a calculated 2 lbs./week. That has shrunk to about 1.7 lbs./week. It will continue to shrink down to about 0.9 lbs/week at the end, from calorie restriction.

The trend on the scale follows this pattern, if you look at a best fit line for the data points over a sufficient time frame ( 30+ days ). The slope is actually deeper due to additional exercise calories burned.

I've lost 42 lbs since the 1st of the year. I've spent about 6 weeks of that time not eating a calorie deficit, so that 42 lbs was lost over ~ 20 week period, or slightly more than 2 lbs/week average.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    If you average it out, I'm about 1.75/week. If I take into consideration water weight the first couple of weeks, it's closer to 1-1.5 (which is what I was shooting for). Some weeks it's 0, but then usually the next week it's high