short, middle-aged, need to find my old self - 40 lbs to lose

Hi there;
I need to get serious now and need support. Weight has been my battle every since I stopped growing at 13yrs ! ... was hoping for a bit more height but kinda stalled at 5'3" :P . I love exercise but find it tough to fit it into the day. Weight keeps creeping on, and an extra 20 lbs added in last 2 years due to menopause changes. Now have at least 40 to lose. Love healthy eating but just eat and drink too much. Need a good pal to keep my nose to the grindstone so I can be happy again in a body I don't hate. Hard to do this alone when you have to feed everyone else in the family as well and they're not happy with veggies 24/7.

Replies

• kittyrebel
    kittyrebel Posts: 2 Member
    Now that I can relate to
  • DiveThePlan
    DiveThePlan Posts: 4 Member
    Tell me more!
  • horseswinelife
    horseswinelife Posts: 52 Member
    Ditto!!! Its so frustrating!
  • DiveThePlan
    OK so I'm off to the gym. Day 1 of post-vacation and getting back on track. Long road ahead.
  • Alamo0809
    Alamo0809 Posts: 95 Member
    Looks like you have lots of good company. I am now 5' and I think I used to be 5'1" so I completely understand the frustration with low calorie needs at our height. I am 63 now and of course... a body growing older creates moments of despair. So every time I think a negative thought about my body I turn it around and give thanks that it is a healthy body, not riddled with cancer or other illness that are so much worse than being over weight. Everyone loses weight differently. My friend responds to exerecise. I don't. I am active, do a lot of walking and hiking, gardening, home improvement... it doe nothing to lower the number on the scale. I have to watch calories and carbs. My mother used to say, (back in the 1950s) that she could eat 900 calories a day to lose weight. yikes. I know a lot of people who had success with Medifast, including me but the challenge continues to maintain the weight loss and I have re-gained 10 lbs. On someone 5 foot... that is a lot!! But I try to focus on the 20 I lost and keep working to lose the rest. Healthy weight is a life style. Good luck and hang in there.
  • Fattygasted
    Fattygasted Posts: 22 Member
    Feel free to add me I am always looking for people who are serious and like to reply to posts to keep the motivation going
  • DiveThePlan
    Thank you for your replies everyone! I'm new to the posting stuff but knew I needed more help to keep at this challenge. Friends in similar places who can motivate from a place of understanding are a blessing. Thank you.
  • SmashingChains
    SmashingChains Posts: 1 Member
    I feel exactly the same. I don't want to run from the desire to change anymore, even when it gets tough! Would be great to have likeminded friends to journey with :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Make time for exercise, it's important for your health. Weight loss however, will come from a caloric deficit. Good luck!