Big Loss now up and down ?

Options
Ok I started this weight loss thing about last October 2014, I was 97.1kg and got down to 81.3kg by April 2015 but since then I have hovered between 83.7kg and 81.3kg for the last few months.

I work out 4-5 times a week which can be fast walking, cycling, jogging and hill/trail walking. I keep my calories to around 1500 a day.

I would love to drop to 80kg or below but it just aint happening. I cant really drop my calories any more as this is quite low me thinks for a man 5ft 9inch.

Any ideas where to go from here ?

That's my weight loss chart from 90kg down so far. As you can see its up and down towards the end.

jbmsu8sf6oyz.png

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Do you weigh your foods with a scale? Do you log daily (can you open your food diary)?

Also, for a guy who is active, 1500 calories is low. We are similar in stats and I lose weight at about 800-1000 calories more than you.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Do you weigh your foods with a scale? Do you log daily (can you open your food diary)?

This
  • DeeTee68
    DeeTee68 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I used to log my daily intake but haven't for a while. Yes all food is weighed out or checked on the packet how many calories. I can open my food diary but not really worth it as I haven't used it for about 6 weeks . \Also I log all exercise on Endomondo App.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    DeeTee68 wrote: »
    I used to log my daily intake but haven't for a while. Yes all food is weighed out or checked on the packet how many calories. I can open my food diary but not really worth it as I haven't used it for about 6 weeks . \Also I log all exercise on Endomondo App.

Not always accurate, just FYI
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    If you don't log, you don't really have enough data to try to figure out where you are having an issue.
  • psuLemon
    Options

I would probably restart logging for awhile, with a less aggressive weight loss goal (probably at 1 lb per week). You are more than likely eating a lot more than you think, causing you to hit maintenance calories. One thing to keep in mind, the more lean you are, the less room for error you have.
  • DeeTee68
    DeeTee68 Posts: 198 Member
    Options

I would probably restart logging for awhile, with a less aggressive weight loss goal (probably at 1 lb per week). You are more than likely eating a lot more than you think, causing you to hit maintenance calories. One thing to keep in mind, the more lean you are, the less room for error you have.

Aye your right with logging just got bored of it. After nearly a year I thought I could guess my calorie intake. As far as im aware I never go any where near my maintenance calories, im always roughly around 1500-1800 which should not add any weight. Its just that one week I am 81.3kg then the next week 83.5kg then the following week back to 81.3kg. I just cant seem to drop below 81.3kg, unless its water retention on the heavier weeks.

I cant exercise any more than four -five times a week as I don't have the time and I don't really want to drop below 1500 calories a day just don't know where to go from here.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    If you're not losing weight, don't want to eat less, and can't exercise more it looks like you're at your maintenance weight.
  • deceived1
    deceived1 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Log your food. You got bored of it, stopped, and the results stopped. You're probably overeating without realizing it.
  • psuLemon
    Options

Aye your right with logging just got bored of it. After nearly a year I thought I could guess my calorie intake. As far as im aware I never go any where near my maintenance calories, im always roughly around 1500-1800 which should not add any weight. Its just that one week I am 81.3kg then the next week 83.5kg then the following week back to 81.3kg. I just cant seem to drop below 81.3kg, unless its water retention on the heavier weeks.

I cant exercise any more than four -five times a week as I don't have the time and I don't really want to drop below 1500 calories a day just don't know where to go from here.

Considering the averaged trainer person under estimates their calories by as much as 400 calories, and you arent logging, my guess would you are eating a lot more than you really think.