Curb Those Cravings

Canehdn
Canehdn Posts: 122 Member
i don't have much advice on weigh loss but there is one thing I've found to help with cravings.

Greek yogurt helps me a ton on the after dinner cravings. It has fruit or probably better labelled as "fruit" to help with the sweetness and a ticker creamy texture to help with the cravings for ice cream.

Let me know what you guys think and if you've ever tried it. Make sure to read the ingredients for just picking yogurt though. Some have a ton of sugar.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    What's the comparison between full fat yogurt with "fruit" and ice cream (1 cup) in terms of calories, carbs, protein and fat?
  • jesusarolon
    jesusarolon Posts: 208 Member
    Yogurt does help me with cravings as well.

I would be careful with any "fruit" labeled yogurt. It more than likely has extra added sugar. Just buy the plain one and add fresh fruit yourself. This way you are also getting the fiber from the fresh fruit.
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Greek yogurt is quite filling and yummy. But to add my 2 cents, most of the "greek" yogurt I see in the yogurt area ISN'T REAL. If you look in the ingredients list and see stabilizers/thickeners like carrageenan, pectin, xanthan gum etc. then put them back on the shelf. The only ingredients should be the milk/yogurt itself. Fage is a good brand, and there are a few others I can't think of off the top of my head. But like jesusarolon said, just buy fat free, plain, authentic greek yogurt and add your own real fruit if you want to reap the best benefits. Thanks for sharing what works for you. Oh and you can use plain ff Greek yogurt as a substitute for sour cream too! It's soo good and creamy, with so much protein.
  • Canehdn
    Canehdn Posts: 122 Member
    Definitely good points. If I'm more hungry, I'll also put hemp heart or flax in it. Adds a little more fiber and texture.