Italian Orzo Boats (Under 300 Calories!)

Options
Kalah7Renae12Vera
Kalah7Renae12Vera Posts: 265 Member
This is my personal recipe I threw together tonight and it was so good I wanted to share it with you all!
I call them Italian Orzo Boats & they come in at about 298 calories and 12 grams of protein a serving (one boat).

1-20130616_190323_zps5a6491cc.jpg

VeryWifeyRecipeBoats_zps7823da19.jpg

Cooked orzo as directed (except instead of cooking in all water I cooked with about 3 cups of chicken broth and 1 cup water)
Sauteed seasoned (italian seasoning, garlic salt and ground pepper) zucchini, garlic, spinach and turkey sausage in 2 tablespoons of I can't believe its not butterbefore adding it to orzo and mixing in cream cheese, parmesan.
Cooked acorn squash in oven at 350 for about 25-30 minutes, filled boats & time to grub! Hope you all enjoy!

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    So that seems to be a typo. Is it actually 6 servings? Like one zucchini cut in half is one serving when stuffed?

They look yummy, i like orzo a lot and sausage a lot too. and zucchini. *where's my halo?*
  • Kalah7Renae12Vera
    Kalah7Renae12Vera Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    No typo, the recipe makes 8 cups of orzo "stuffing" but I cant eat a whole cup so I put it as 16 servings since I can old eat 1/2 cup at a time (post op). So the calorie could would be a little higher for anyone who wanted to eat more than half an acorn squash and 1/2 cup of the orzo stuffing.