The opposite of a NSV

Options
So I just had my first child back in August. I put on a lot of weight and after I had her I was kind of lazy about losing it. Then in April I got serious. I started watching what I ate, counting calories and started C25K. I'm down almost 25lbs and I just ran my first 5k two weeks ago. I'm super proud of that 5K because I didn't walk any of it.

The other day at work someone asked if I was pregnant again. Seriously?!?!

Replies

• hsk1990
    hsk1990 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Don't pay a blind bit of notice!! Maybe it was because you look different and they couldn't put their finger on what it was? Or maybe you were just looking glowing and happy?
    I lost 20lb previously and my dad didn't blink an eye, but he will without fail tell me I look like I've lost weight whenever I wear my hair up - some people are just blind!

Focus on your achievements & all the positive comments I'm sure you've had & keep up the amazing work!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    The last thing you should worry about is someone else's perception of what's changed about you. People really don't pay that much attention but suddenly they'll notice something is different and then take a silly guess as to what it is. I recently changed my hair color and got asked if I'd gotten new glasses, for example. Besides, anyone who would ask if a woman is pregnant is completely clueless. That's the very last question you should ever ask.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    LOL! Your pooch may get more poochy before it disappears entirely. Mine does. :) I just got asked that, too!
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Some people are just dense. I was five pounds away from my GW and someone asked me when I was due!
  • JAHodgkinson_uk
    JAHodgkinson_uk Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Well done on the 5k, that's a fantastic achievement!
  • HannaSusi
    HannaSusi Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Maybe it was because you look happy and healthy and they thought it's the "pregnancy glow"? It might not have necessarily been about weight :) Congrats on the 5k!
  • 21deadmonkeys
    21deadmonkeys Posts: 20 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Thanks guys. That's a way better way to see it. :)
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    When I get bloated (which is fairly often) I can look pregnant. I can't wear specific shirts due to it. I have been asked before if I'm pregnant but I couldn't be upset with them because I seriously did look pregnant, lol. I haven't worn that shirt since though.