No alcohol, Part 3!!!

Options
Hi guys! The week is halfway over and i'm almost 2 weeks alcohol/liquor free. Those of you that has been following my story know that i'm on a mission to go 1 month without sipping on some sizzurp LOL!! although my honey love has now suggested we hold out until our vacation in mid july (what the???). I must say that it hasn't been hard to acomplish so far, I even went to a bbq on saturday and stayed strong amongst the Patron, Ciroc and etc. Last week's weight loss was 3lbs. We'll see how it goes this saturday.

On another note, why am i so worn out in the mornings after my workout? i thought working out gives you a boost of energy? today i am beat!!! maybe I should post this question in a separate post. I think i'll do that BOLO (be on the lookout)!

Replies

• aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    You are one brave women - 2 weeks alcohol free and alive to tell the tale :wink: Good for you!
  • xojox
    xojox Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    well done!! i don't know how you do it - my saturday evening v+c is the only thing that keeps me going lol x:embarassed:
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Two weeks! I have gone two day now since I know alcohol is impeding everything I want to accomplish. It's not like it was hard not to drink, it's the social setting (e.g. the upcoming weekend) that I am worried about. I mean the scale was once again my friend this morning, and I am so encouraged, but I am afraid it's all going to come crashing back the next time I go out and indulge.

And for those of you who are about to ask/suggest that if I am that encouraged by these quick results why drink at all.... save yourself the time and don't ask. I have no answer for you.
  • tameka1220
    tameka1220 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    You are one brave women - 2 weeks alcohol free and alive to tell the tale :wink: Good for you!

LOL!!! I know right? Didnt think it was possible (for me). I am a social drinker (and i luv to go out and socialize), but i also sip at home (its soothing for me). but i've been reading how alcohol slows ur weight loss and althoug I've been losing, i was curious to see if i could lose more if i fasted from liquor.
  • RB12000
    RB12000 Posts: 43
    Options
    haha you are funny, I have not been following your story but I will now! You did a good job at the cookout! I was wondering the same thing about your other question, too... so I will "BOLO" for the answer :)
  • tameka1220
    Options
    well done!! i don't know how you do it - my saturday evening v+c is the only thing that keeps me going lol x:embarassed:

Thanks!!!! Imma ciroc lover, so i feel u!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I also cut out alcohol for my first 4-6 weeks and have since added wine back in, but I cut my pinot grigio with selzter water! And when I was not drinking, I always took a bottle of flavored seltzer water with me to socials with my friends and that is what I drank and I still felt part of the crowd - a slice of lemon or lime in there and you are good to go!
  • tameka1220
    Options
    Two weeks! I have gone two day now since I know alcohol is impeding everything I want to accomplish. It's not like it was hard not to drink, it's the social setting (e.g. the upcoming weekend) that I am worried about. I mean the scale was once again my friend this morning, and I am so encouraged, but I am afraid it's all going to come crashing back the next time I go out and indulge.

And for those of you who are about to ask/suggest that if I am that encouraged by these quick results why drink at all.... save yourself the time and don't ask. I have no answer for you.

Good for you on the scale!! and if u go and indulge thats fine too. u have to do what's comfortable for YOU and noone else! and like i said, i still lost weight when i sipped (always sipped on some sort of vodka and sprite zero or sugar free energy drink) i just wanted to see if i would lose more without sipping.

guess you can say i'm "learning" my body
  • tameka1220
    Options
    haha you are funny, I have not been following your story but I will now! You did a good job at the cookout! I was wondering the same thing about your other question, too... so I will "BOLO" for the answer :)

Thanks!! Yeah i posted that question again, under "fitness and exercise". yes i made it thru the cookout!! LOL!! this wknd: Father's day!! Dun, Dun, Duuuun....
  • tameka1220
    Options
    I also cut out alcohol for my first 4-6 weeks and have since added wine back in, but I cut my pinot grigio with selzter water! And when I was not drinking, I always took a bottle of flavored seltzer water with me to socials with my friends and that is what I drank and I still felt part of the crowd - a slice of lemon or lime in there and you are good to go!

Good idea on the seltzer water!! putting it in my mental note. thanks!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Love this!

The only time I've been able to go booze free for any extend period of time was while I was pregnant. Oh, and it should be pointed out that while I was pregnant, I LOST 17 pounds (from not drinking, and the fetus being a very effective parasite!):laugh:
    That said, I appreciate alcohol that much more now that I have two devilspawn toddler tornadoes running my house. "Penicillin cures, but wine makes people happy." - Alexander Fleming.

That said, I've significantly decreased my consumption during the week, and I put $2 in a Mason Jar for each day I remain "dry". Hopefully at the end of this self imposed challenge, there will be enough for a Coach or Michael Kors Bag!

Weekends - umm... well, I'm a little looser and give myself a 2 drink maximum for each night (unless there is a dinner party we are hosting.)
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! The week is halfway over and i'm almost 2 weeks alcohol/liquor free. Those of you that has been following my story know that i'm on a mission to go 1 month without sipping on some sizzurp LOL!! although my honey love has now suggested we hold out until our vacation in mid july (what the???). I must say that it hasn't been hard to acomplish so far, I even went to a bbq on saturday and stayed strong amongst the Patron, Ciroc and etc. Last week's weight loss was 3lbs. We'll see how it goes this saturday.

On another note, why am i so worn out in the mornings after my workout? i thought working out gives you a boost of energy? today i am beat!!! maybe I should post this question in a separate post. I think i'll do that BOLO (be on the lookout)!

WOOOW! congrats on the 2wk success! u can do it til mid july. just think of all the empty calories & extra poundage u'll lose if u don't drink til ur vacation! i don't drink b/c i don't like the taste or smell of it. i think possibly havin somethin avail 2 u (like in ur hand) at the time so that u don't drink is good. like havin a lemonda or water (or flavored water) with u when u r at those type of events may help.

do u eat anythin b4 u exercise? maybe fruit or oatmeal will help. :smile:
  • tameka1220
    Options
    Love this!

The only time I've been able to go booze free for any extend period of time was while I was pregnant. Oh, and it should be pointed out that while I was pregnant, I LOST 17 pounds (from not drinking, and the fetus being a very effective parasite!):laugh:
    That said, I appreciate alcohol that much more now that I have two devilspawn toddler tornadoes running my house. "Penicillin cures, but wine makes people happy." - Alexander Fleming.

That said, I've significantly decreased my consumption during the week, and I put $2 in a Mason Jar for each day I remain "dry". Hopefully at the end of this self imposed challenge, there will be enough for a Coach or Michael Kors Bag!

Weekends - umm... well, I'm a little looser and give myself a 2 drink maximum for each night (unless there is a dinner party we are hosting.)

Luv the fleming quote!! and oh em gee!!!! good idea on putting a stash away!!! OOOh i may have to use that idea and hopefully i can get a carpet steam cleaner (i know, so exciting lol!!)
  • surlydave
    Options
    I never thought I would say this, but I really think we need a drinkers support group on here. :drinker:
  • tameka1220
    Options

WOOOW! congrats on the 2wk success! u can do it til mid july. just think of all the empty calories & extra poundage u'll lose if u don't drink til ur vacation! i don't drink b/c i don't like the taste or smell of it. i think possibly havin somethin avail 2 u (like in ur hand) at the time so that u don't drink is good. like havin a lemonda or water (or flavored water) with u when u r at those type of events may help.

do u eat anythin b4 u exercise? maybe fruit or oatmeal will help. :smile:

good advice thanks!
  • tameka1220
    Options
    I never thought I would say this, but I really think we need a drinkers support group on here. :drinker:

LOL!!! u think so?? naaaaaw I think we're fine! we have it under control!!
  • surlydave
    Options

Oh no, I didn't mean we didn't have the drinking under control, but a support group to encourage those trying to abstain or cut down for dietary reasons! Let's face it, everyone posting on this board right now is basically saying I'm trying to cut back but not quitting! I said what I did in my first post in this thread because alcohol can be such a touchy subject with others!!! :wink:
  • tameka1220
    Options

Oh no, I didn't mean we didn't have the drinking under control, but a support group to encourage those trying to abstain or cut down for dietary reasons! Let's face it, everyone posting on this board right now is basically saying I'm trying to cut back but not quitting! I said what I did in my first post in this thread because alcohol can be such a touchy subject with others!!! :wink:

Oh yes, so true! yeah that's a good idea! on that note, we should do it then!
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I do this a few times a year and it really pays off. Summer is tough with all the cook-outs and parties but you can do it! Think how hot you will look on your vacation :) Good luck it can be done I promise!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I agree Dave - I know a few on one of the threads I frequent, who have trouble staying away. I would totally love to join a group of like-minded lushes.