Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

To eat calories back or not

kglading
kglading Posts: 80 Member
Hi,
I've been sitting on this question for a few days -- Is it necessary to eat my calories back that I exercise back? Because sometimes when I get a good workout in, I just can't handle that much food! What have you guys had the most success with -- Eating just your calorie goal and that only, or eating back the calories you burn as well?

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    You don't have to eat all of them back, necessarily. But you should make sure that your net calories are 1200 or more. I try to eat mine, but some days are just way too active to try to catch up in the end.
  • Gdeeaz
    Gdeeaz Posts: 60
    Majority of the time I eat back about half of my exercise calories and I have been steadily losing weight. Everyone is different so I think you need to find what works for you.
  • smacmillan86
    smacmillan86 Posts: 153 Member
    If I'm hungry I eat them back, if I'm not I don't force myself to eat. I always net more than 1500 though.