fat girl on a bike

Options
I've lost 45 pounds by myself using a food diary (in a little notebook), cycling and walking. For the past three weeks I've maintained my weight so I thought I'd try out this app (I think I started stagnating because I was training hard on my bike 20-40 miles a day and not allowing any extra calories).

So far so good; I'm losing again. A couple weeks ago I was able to complete my first 100 mile bike ride (with no soreness the next day!) which I don't think I could have managed at 240 pounds. I started losing weight because I was wanting to get pregnant but I was so unhealthy I wasn't ovulating plus I was a mess emotionally because my hormones were out of whack. Now I'm 190 pounds and feeling so great I decided to put off motherhood until I'm at an even healthier weight. My goal is 165 pounds. I'm a vegetarian, I'm 25 and I'm an anarchist.

I'm looking for support people to chat with on here who enjoy talking about all the stupid little details of losing weight that bores my real life friends and family and I'm looking for people that aren't interested in pushing themselves or me to fit the typical American standard of beauty; I want to be healthy but I don't want to be supermodel skinny. I believe women are beautiful at almost any weight.

I'm really excited to have found an opportunity to share my experiences and learn from others; it gets kind of lonely doing this by myself.

Replies

• kikilieb3
    kikilieb3 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be your friend. I was riding bike a lot last year and I LOVED it! After an accident that fractured a knee I wasn't able to be active for a while, but now I am back and trying to get back into shape and hopefully get back to some healthier food choices.
  • JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I also started at 240, and am down to 205. Not real big on bike riding, but besides that I understand what you're going through. I don't have a big support system outside of MFP and would love more support.