Getting Started

Options
leahhbri
leahhbri Posts: 4 Member
I recently gained 30 pounds, and want to lose 20. I am sticking to about 1200 calories a day with a lot of fruit and more healthy foods. For exercising, I am just going to stick with walking and stomach exercises. Do you guys think it will be hard? I'm about 165 pounds now, and I just want to look good again. About how long will this take me?

Replies

• ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    With so little to lose, I would expect a .5 - 1lb loss a week. I'm not sure how tall you are, but if you're not exceptionally short, your calorie allotment is definitely low enough. If you decide to add in more strenuous workouts, I would even increase it a bit.

As for whether or not it'll be "hard" - that's subjective. Yes, weighing all your food on a scale and logging it can be tedious after a while. I've found it to be sustainable though, especially since I eat a lot of the same foods from day-to-day. It's pretty easy to log once you've gotten into the groove of it.

That being said, 1200 is low and if you like to go out, it's a very difficult limit to meet when you're eating at a restaurant. Like I said, it's subjective.
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    How hard it will be is entirely dependent on how well you can set and stick to a routine that matches and will meet your goals.

There is no way to know if 1200/day is appropriate for you, without knowing more than your age and starting weight. Your intake goal needs to be set based on your loss goal, and you should not try to lose faster than 2lbs./week unless you are obese or under medical supervision.

Start with the guided setup, entering your data accurately, and then fine tune/adjust from there.