Weight gain on weekends from drinking

Options
2»

Replies

• sthoms2
    sthoms2 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I was just like you. I couldn't imagine drinking vodka with anything but juice. I started by mixing half juice and half soda with my vodka. I kept gradually adding more soda each time until I was only adding a splash of juice. Now I drink vodka and soda with a lemon. I don't even miss the juice. You could also use flavored vodkas. Hibiscus and raspberry and two of my favorites.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    desy617 wrote: »
    is possible for me to lose weight and still be able to have some drinks on the weekend, I do well losing during the week, but I gain five pounds every weekend and lose it by Friday then gain it again by Monday. my drink of chose is vodka and orange juice, I enjoy drinking on weekends and I don't want to give it up but i want to lose weight,i tried the no sugar and flavor water and i do not like it. I just need to give up drinking.feel free to look at my diary, i do share and log my bad habits.no bashing please just good old advice, i just want to lose weight a enjoy some drinks on the weekend

I drink regularly and I am losing weight. Is the alcohol, combined with the juice, causing you to exceed your calorie goals?

yes I know it is, i usually have about two maybe three drinks everyday during weekend each drink measured 4 to 5oz of vodka and about 6 to 8oz of oj per drink,pretty bad i know, and i never drink juice unless im having a drink, no soda what so ever

How many calories does this come out to in total?

• desy617
    desy617 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    is possible for me to lose weight and still be able to have some drinks on the weekend, I do well losing during the week, but I gain five pounds every weekend and lose it by Friday then gain it again by Monday. my drink of chose is vodka and orange juice, I enjoy drinking on weekends and I don't want to give it up but i want to lose weight,i tried the no sugar and flavor water and i do not like it. I just need to give up drinking.feel free to look at my diary, i do share and log my bad habits.no bashing please just good old advice, i just want to lose weight a enjoy some drinks on the weekend

I drink regularly and I am losing weight. Is the alcohol, combined with the juice, causing you to exceed your calorie goals?

yes I know it is, i usually have about two maybe three drinks everyday during weekend each drink measured 4 to 5oz of vodka and about 6 to 8oz of oj per drink,pretty bad i know, and i never drink juice unless im having a drink, no soda what so ever

How many calories does this come out to in total?

thanks everybody for all the great advice, today is Friday, so I will try some of these tips this weekend.
    to answer your question,one drink could equal about 400 to 500cals according to mfp.
  • CharlotteRose82
    CharlotteRose82 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I drink vodka, I also use fresh orange juice but then water the OJ down with sugar free/diet lemonade. I find it reduces the calories in the orange but still gives it enough flavour