Snack Attack.

Options
I like convenience. I like just knowing I have something in hand and can run out the door without thinking twice about what I grabbed. I am attempting to food prep and just organize my food options. For snacking, I am trying to mix things up. I have no problem eating celery and peanut butter or cottage cheese with pineapple, so that's not the issue. What about Lärabars? Is there any real reason to stay clear of them or other snack bars? What brands might be a better choice? I am opened to ideas and suggestions.

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    For me, Larabars have a lot of sugar. Yes, it's sugar from fruit but to our bodies, sugar is sugar. If that doesn't bother you then I see no reason not to use them for a snack.

I usually stick to things like string cheese, Babybels and crackers, clementines, pre-portioned baggies of nuts, low sugar protein bars and beef jerky.
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Thank you. What would you consider a low sugar protein bar? I am having to stay away from gluten [physician orders], so I know that may narrow items down. I honestly don't work out a bunch, so I don't want to give the wrong impression.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I love Lara bars. They are handy and full of delicious dates and nuts and such.