Does this make me shallow?

Gozzfitness
Gozzfitness Posts: 12 Member
Initial attraction goes without saying..
But when you only want to date people who are fitness driven and track their nutrition, does this make you a shallow person?

I can't be the only one who sometimes pictures their future significant other to be a macro tracking gym nut, who's life without food scales is just unthinkable, right!?

Someone make me feel normal :')

Replies

• SparkyJess3
    SparkyJess3 Posts: 625 Member
    edited July 2015
    I think it is a bit shallow. My husband has not jumped onto my food tracking fitness train (He is not as fit as he once was), but I'm okay with that. You love the person for who they are not what they look/looked like.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    having something like that be an absolute requirement is hilarious to me
    probably shallow too yeah

but oh well people want what they want in a partner and thats ok

• blueyellowhorse
    blueyellowhorse Posts: 708 Member
    edited July 2015
    No not at all. :) I totally understand wanting that. But it's gonna be hard to find a chick like that (especially in America) and I'm sure it's gonna be fierce competition for her, so ya better bring your A game!
  • jvs125
    jvs125 Posts: 223 Member
    It depends of why you want that. If you simply want to date someone because they're hot and won't consider someone who doesn't fit in that definition of beauty, then yes it's shallow. If, like me, you want to be with someone who strongly believes that health is important and should be a priority, who can understand and support your choices and that you can also play that role for them and it will be perceived as motivational as opposed to pressure... Then you're just looking for someone who has enough in common with you to have a sustainable relationship.

My ex had a great body composition but was not health/fitness minded at all. He smoked, didn't exercise and always, always had junk food at hand; which sabotaged all my efforts as he would go so far as to laugh at me if I exercised. My husband has to work hard for his great body, and he does and we do it together and it's great. I like that we have the same values and want to achieve our fitness goals together. I don't believe it's shallow.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    It being a deal breaker, I think that is a bit much. But them supporting and knowing it's an important aspect of your life would be a great quality in a partner.
  • asianfashionista86
    asianfashionista86 Posts: 5,039 Member
    Everyone has preferences and it's not anyone's job to judge you. They have to accept it and move on
  • 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,054 Member
    But when you only want to date people who are fitness driven and track their nutrition, does this make you a shallow person?

I can't be the only one who sometimes pictures their future significant other to be a macro tracking gym nut, who's life without food scales is just unthinkable, right!?

I'd say no.
  • katnroyal87
    katnroyal87 Posts: 8,789 Member
    I don't think it's shallow. I would want someone who was fitness driven Bc that's what I enjoy and it's something we can do together. Not to mention living healthy is a lifestyle so it would be much easier if both people wanted that lifestyle!
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Who cares if it's shallow or not?
  • blueyellowhorse
    blueyellowhorse Posts: 708 Member
    ThomasW13 wrote: »
    not shallow. heart wants what the heart wants. same reason i only go for chicks with thigh gaps.

Uh not sure if it's the heart talking...
  • jaecamp1
    jaecamp1 Posts: 120 Member
    The requirements you set are yours and yours alone. If you don't feel you'd be a good match/compatible with someone that doesn't possess certain qualities why waste either of your time?

There were certain requirements I had, then let some slide. Guess what issues have been completely demolishing my marriage? Yep, those dismissed requirements. Never again.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    edited July 2015
    According to Urban Dictionary, 'shallow' is judging people by their looks, monetary status, clothes or car, rather than looking deep inside at their heart, personality, etc.

Sounds like you are not shallow since you date by personality - specifically a dedicated gym nut personality, but personality versus a superficial genetic trait like...oh I don't know...let's just say thigh gap.

Interesting question though - Is being shallow bad when it makes you happier?
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    edited July 2015

Its your priority why WOULDNT you want to date people who have the same PRIORITIES as you.
  • michellemundi
    michellemundi Posts: 1,223 Member
    Personally :- Sometimes, opposites attract.... Which is a good thing. You get to have ur personal "me time", and meet up and talk about ur day etc.
    if ur both into everything the same, I would find that boring.
    You can both b totally different, and different interests, and have a good, happy, healthy life.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Not that I can see? It seems to be that you want to have a lifestyle in common with someone, if that's what you really getting at.
  • newfutures
    newfutures Posts: 113 Member
    not shallow. heart wants what the heart wants. same reason i only go for chicks with thigh gaps.

thigh gaps have nothing to do with the heart. that is strictly physical and so shallow
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Eh, whatever floats your boat. Though, you'd probably just fight over half reps vs full reps, and whether the tofu burger was 4.3 oz or 4.1 oz.
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,732 Member
    Everyone, everyone has a "wants" list in their potential partner. Not shallow, it's smart. Know what you want, sure. But be prepared that someone special may knock you on your *kitten* & that list will get thrown as far as you can pitch it. You can always try to influence them into fitness...and then it all works out, right. Normal.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    newfutures wrote: »

thigh gaps have nothing to do with the heart. that is strictly physical and so shallow

The heart has nothing to do with emotions either...
  • Gozzfitness
    Gozzfitness Posts: 12 Member
    Having similar interests is important. Nothing wrong with it. They have to be good in bed though too. You're normal.

haha!! XD