I jogged a little!

Options
Just a little. Didn't trigger my exercise-induced anaphylaxis, as I was doing about :10 on to :30 to :50 off. My genetic muscle disorder makes it so that my muscles get depleted extra fast and I start stumbling (right about when I break out in hives from the allergy, lol), but by staying below that, I was able to drop back into a walk, wait for them to start responding well again, and then run a tiny bit more. And I haven't injured by bad knee or messed up my feet.

I've got green on my FitBit dashboard. I've never seen green on my FitBit dashboard before!

C25k is like 100x too intense for me. I've been building up to being able to do this over 6 months. But it's better than I was afraid I'd ever be able to do.

I did it pushing a regular stroller, too! :D

Replies

• KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Great job! And the stroller makes it so much harder, too, which means you did way better than you think. :-)
  • bbinoa
    bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Great achievement. It's great you've figured out what works for you. :)
  • melissaf0405
    melissaf0405 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Congrats that's awesome!!!!
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys. Trying the same distance with an actual interval app: 10 sec run, 40 sec walk. We'll see if I can handle it. If I can, I'll shorten by :05 for the walk each week until I'm at :10/:20, then I'll lengthen the run by :05 per week until I'm at :20/:20, then move down to :20/:10. :D
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options
    :10 was actually too short--too much stopping and starting.

I ended up at :20 jog/:60 recovery walk. Did my 4.3 miles in 1:05!!!!
  • JeanMBK
    JeanMBK Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options
    I probably won't ever be able to do true steady-state cardio again, but intervals, now...that's another thing. The key for me is full HR recovery in the recovery phase. Then no trigger.