Average weekly calories

Options
2»

Replies

• kfayr
    kfayr Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I keep an eye on both and over periods of time remain consistent. I read a study that said you roughly up/down your daily intake it's supposed to be better for your metabolilsm. Could be a load of bollocks but I find that tends to happen anyway :smile: As long as you see a positive result all good!!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I follow my weekly net calories. As some days I'm over and others I'm under. As long as I hit my goal at the end of the week, it all evens out.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I tend to average calories over the week. But it's really a matter of personal preference.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Whatever works for you. Lots of people do it weekly, lots daily.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I go by three day groupings. I just like doing stuff in threes.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I keep an eye on my daily but if I look at my weekly and there is some wiggle room I use it.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Apparently some of you are really perfect in your daily lives... Who cares about someone's grammar on here?
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Weekly for me! If you're hungrier some days and less hungry other days it just makes sense IMO. If you need the structure or a goal to stick to, than I suppose daily would be easier. It's all preference
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Kimegatron wrote: »
    Apparently some of you are really perfect in your daily lives... Who cares about someone's grammar on here?

Don't you mean "who cares about someoneis" grammar?

PS: I prefer weekly since I haven't controlled my diet enough to do daily. However I do exercise more some days than others, so I find the weekly net calorie display (on the app) to be very helpful

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    niamh211 wrote: »
    should I be more concerned about my weekly calorie intake or my daily calorie intake?
    niamh211 wrote: »
    That is completely up to you. Some people prefer weekly calories, some people prefer daily.

Oh so there is no right or wrong way to look at it then as long as your within you're intake! It's just sum days I eat less and was wondering is it ok to eat more on other days

Since most of your previous threads are about wanting to gain weight, why are you worrying about days you eat less? You need a surplus to gain.