How do you stay on track on the....

Options
Ohhhhkay,
so I do very well during the week...but somehow...on saturday I start off on the right foot and somewhere between lunch on saturday to supper on sunday I get lost in the process of logging my food and counting my macros... Does anyone else have this problem? What do you do to stay on track with your goals?

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Write it down. Then you can add it later,when you're less busy.

If you mean that on the weekends, you quit caring and just want to eat yummy stuff, only you can fix that.
  • velveteen7845
    velveteen7845 Posts: 70 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I log things right away but I have lately been eating 100 calories less each weekday to leave some extra calories for the weekends because I have had lots of birthday partys and eating out which make it harder to stay within my calorie goals.

You might even want to try pre-logging your meals on the weekends. Planning ahead can be really helpful.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Try pre logging your days.
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I actually eat less on the weekends because at work I'm always looking for an excuse to get up from my desk. At home, I'm busy doing fun things. ;)
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhkay,
    so I do very well during the week...but somehow...on saturday I start off on the right foot and somewhere between lunch on saturday to supper on sunday I get lost in the process of logging my food and counting my macros... Does anyone else have this problem? What do you do to stay on track with your goals?

Prelog. And if your problem is that you're home to mindlessly snack, get a move on. Leave the house or get involved in household projects.

Consider cycling your calories too--keep up your deficit M-F and eat to maintenance on weekends.
  • evethompson28
    evethompson28 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhkay,

Prelog. And if your problem is that you're home to mindlessly snack, get a move on. Leave the house or get involved in household projects.

Consider cycling your calories too--keep up your deficit M-F and eat to maintenance on weekends.

What info can you provide on cycling calories? I didn't do too bad this weekend either bc I prelogged everything just like yall said and it helped tremendously... I even fit in some half baked icecream. :)
  • Luvzy
    Luvzy Posts: 30 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Make yummy food ahead of time in small portions so you don't have to make decisions while hungry. I usually make some huge delicious thing (meat/veggies, no oil, etc.) then portion it out into 200 calorie tupperware servings. At any given time I have at least 5-10 200 cal servings in my fridge and many 25-100 cal ready-to-eat snacks. Have 2-3 overlapping entrees so you don't suffer from food fatigue. Do all prep ahead of time so laziness/convenience can never influence your choices. This way you eat when you're moderately hungry instead of making poor decisions when you're starving. I'm pretty full all day long on 1000-1200 net calories because I eat 100-300 calories every couple hours or so.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Prelogging my foods for the day. Determination & willpower helps also. I'm still sorting out my weekends but what's helped me the most is making sure I eat something before I start running my errands.