net and goal?

Options
My goal cal is 1200. Should my net and goal be around the same? I have been told to eat back my cals that I work out... Which means if I work off 300 cals I eat another 300 cals? Then my net is 1200 ? So my net and my goal should ultimately try to be around d the same number.... Am I understanding this correctly?

Second question.... If I eat back calories that I am working off.... How will I ever loose any weight? I

I have been eating correctly and staying pretty active for over 2 months now and i have only lost 5 pounds... I feel like i need help understandong these things... Please help!

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Your Daily Goal under your food diary. Eat that number. On non-work out days it'll be 1200, on workout days it'll be higher. If you eat it you're netting your 1200.
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    My goal cal is 1200. Should my net and goal be around the same? I have been told to eat back my cals that I work out... Which means if I work off 300 cals I eat another 300 cals? Then my net is 1200 ? So my net and my goal should ultimately try to be around d the same number.... Am I understanding this correctly?

Yes, netting 1200 IS your goal!
    Second question.... If I eat back calories that I am working off.... How will I ever loose any weight? I

Your deficit (difference between the amount of energy you are consuming and the amount of energy your body uses per day) is ALREADY calculated into the 1200. Some people say that 1200 is already very low. I personally lost when netting more like 1600 a day.
    I have been eating correctly and staying pretty active for over 2 months now and i have only lost 5 pounds... I feel like i need help understandong these things... Please help!

Weigh everything, watch your macronutrients (carbs/fat/protein) as MFP gives you a very LOW protein figure of about 50g. You should be looking at more like 100g. I can't stress enough, MEASURING is so important. You will be amazed how small a true 'cup' of cooked rice is :sad:

Drink lots of water, don't eat back all the calories according to MFP exercise calorie estimates (they are too high usually).

Just thought I'd give you short answers and cut to the chase! :flowerforyou:

Good luck :happy:
  • sarmef86
    sarmef86 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thank u for that :) I know started weighing and measuring my food the last few weeks it has been hard, but it's getting easier! Just trying to understand it all has been somewhat frustrating so I appreciate ur help!!
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Thank u for that :) I know started weighing and measuring my food the last few weeks it has been hard, but it's getting easier! Just trying to understand it all has been somewhat frustrating so I appreciate ur help!!

it is so frustrating! I am trying to hard at the moment to drop about 5lb in the next month - which is hard for me since I am 5'7 and 140lb now, mixed which extreme university and life stress (I live overseas but have to move home in 7 weeks and I am dreading it).

Just keep at it! Good luck :D