To all you who have been exercising for 3+ months

Options
2»

Replies

• sigsby
    sigsby Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My advice is... Eat the right foods. Don't overeat. Exercise regularly. The weight will come off. Don't try and rush it.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Week 3-6 of starting lifting is when my plateau broke and it broke hard.
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I've been consistent with diet and exercise since 3/5. I lost the most weight the first two months. The third month I went down to 1/2 to 1lb a week, and I've only lost 2lbs in June which is my 4th month. I only have 13lbs left to lose so I think that's why it's getting harder.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I started working out with a trainer & eating well the beginning of February. I lost 10 pounds the first month, 5 the second, and then just over 7 pounds both the third and fourth months. During the third month I started doing C25K so that helped. Congrats on completing your first month of healthy choices!
  • odirish
    odirish Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am finishing up my 11th week and have only lost 6 lbs. (very disappointing) I am however losing inches.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I have been at this for 3 months now.

I am 5'8 and I started at 185 with about 40-45 pounds to lose.

I lost 12 pounds the first month, 8 pounds the 2nd month, 6 pounds the 3rd month. So a total of 26 in 3 months. I am 159 now. I only have about 14-19 pounds left to goal.

I am starting my 4th month now, hoping to lose about 5-8 pounds. But anything right now is gravy, because I am losing a lot of inches still.