Eating late just to make the calories?

Options
Sometimes at night, like tonight, I find myself far under the 1200 calories. I ate three meals and a snack, they were just low in calories. I made my protein goal though. I don't want to scarf down something I'm not hungry for, though. Anyone else have the same issue? I usually make the goal.

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    No. Not with 1200 calories at least. What did you eat in three meals and a snack that has you below 1200? Did you use a food scale?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    NO. I like peanut butter too much.
  • goldbergrr
    goldbergrr Posts: 9 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Maybe you should check your activity level setting - is it set to 'lightly active' or higher? You may be eating as many calories as you need. How far under 1,200 calories are you eating? If it's only ~300 or less, that's no problem. Remember that the budget is a guideline, an estimated goal and limit combined. It's ok to be over or under some days.
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    This is me pretty much every day (save for the fact that I can't meet my protein goal for the life of me). I end up around ~900/1000 with three big meals and two inbetween snacks. Are you using anything non or low fat? Switch that out to full fat and the calories should double and perhaps even tip you over. Most often I will want another snack around eleven or twelve and make it whatever I am lacking in my macros. The idea of late night snacking being bad for you is false. It's only bad for you if you make unhealthy choices that suddenly add 1000 calories to your day (I am looking at you, family sized bag of crisps!). Try to push up the calories of your existing meals and then make healthy choices. I force myself to eat at least 1200 calories a day and after that there is no more pressure. If I get hungry, I will snack, if I don't, I won't. Simple as that. Feel free to friend me and have a look at my diary. Most of the product names are in Dutch but you should get the idea :smile:
  • dondotwinks
    dondotwinks Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If you don't want anything, don't force it, just have them next day or add a little over a few days.