Maximized Living Advanced Plan?

Options
Have you all heard of this? I was given a book called Maximized Living Nutrition Plans by a friend. She used the advanced plan outlined in the book and lost 40lbs in about 3 months or less. The plan outlines eating organic vegetable, grass fed animals, and cutting out all sugar including grains, fruit, and potatoes.

Here is an outline from the plan from their website.

Solution #2: The Advanced Plan

This plan can be used for short-term management of weight, disease, or detoxification, or may be used on a long-term basis for those who are genetically suited for it. The Advanced Plan has been researched and formulated to maximize your body’s full potential for health, energy, recovery, and cognitive power. It is designed to reduce inflammation, restore cell membrane function in order to aid detoxification, regulate hormones, and promote the use of fat (instead of sugar) as the body’s primary source for energy. This is why it works so well, so quickly. Some indications you may need this plan are as follows:

Cognitive dysfunctions – including ADD/ADHD and Autism Spectrum Disorders

Metabolic syndromes – including Obesity, High Cholesterol, High Triglycerides, High Blood Sugar (or Low Blood Sugar), High Insulin, High Blood Pressure, Heart Disease, and/or High Leptin

Modern-day Illnesses – including Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Toxicity, Fibromyalgia

Immune System and Inflammatory Diseases – Cancer, Autoimmune Diseases, Digestive Dysfunction, Intolerance to Grains, Asthma, Arthritis

Three Rules on the Advanced Plan

Follow the 3 Principles of the Core Plan along with the following modifications:

Fat – Increase your intake of healthy fats.

Protein – Moderate your intake of protein.

Carbohydrates – Eliminate all grains, sugars, and most fruits.

The Advanced Plan is specifically designed to eliminate cravings (something that many diets fail to do). As a result, people see dramatic results in very little time on the Advanced Plan.

website: http://www.maximizedliving.com/Programs/MaximizedNutritionPlans/Overview.aspx

The maximum amount of protein is 15 grams for women and 25 grams for men. I'm still trying to work out if it's worth trying or not. I've tried many different forms of eating but I've never tried a sugar elimination. Any thoughts?

Replies

• mina0007
    mina0007 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm working my way into the Core Plan by cleaning out my pantry etc and swapping clean/organic for processed food. It's been a week and I've noticed that by eating 3 tangerines and a handful of almonds before my AM 15 min workout, and avoiding all refined sugar, my chocolate cravings have diminished! If I don't see big enough weight loss results in a month, I'll switch to advanced, but I do think it's a great plan, and I've tried everything else. Good luck! :)
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    OMG, I just noticed the OP is from 2013. Bumped by a first-post. :o
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    15g protein for women, 25g for men, max?? What the -? Does this plan not take into consideration preservation of muscle mass, and muscle repair after activity?

I feel like the best way to follow this plan would be to chug olive oil. Shots, anyone?
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    OMG, I just noticed the OP is from 2013. Bumped by a first-post. :o

Omg, MARKETING. #hailcorporate
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon and try it!!! April Fools!