Anyone have Bipolar and can help with cravings

Options
I'm Bipolar and the medicine I'm on does not help with me trying to lose weight. No matter what that I've eaten I will continue to want to snack. Does anyone else have this problem and what tips can you give me to help with the wanting to always eat.

Replies

• ThaithaiChocolate
    ThaithaiChocolate Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I live on snacks try to eat low cal ones fit a lively is a great brand from aldies grocery store. Don't stop snacking. Do it in moderation with healthy snacks.
  • HDStretchman
    Options
    I've been on meds for a year, and started dieting about 3 months ago. I started with a low carb diet, but then, started training again, and although I was strong, I wasn't seeing any changes.

So, I set up my macros to correspond to my diet a little more. And found out that it's not so much how you eat, but what you eat that makes a difference. Choose foods with more nutrients in them, and your body will stop craving. The problem with meds is that they block certain receptors with chemicals, and that kind of throws the system out of whack. Things like oatmeal, brown rice, lentils, and vegetables are all big quantity with not a lot of the bad calories; the things that spike your insulin, and make you want to eat when it crashes are the foods that you should avoid.

It's hard to eat my calories now. Much less snack.
  • SurfyFriend
    SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hi friend, I'm sorry to hear of your suffering :(
    Raw organic fruits and vegetables, water, sunshine, laughter, early nights, dance class are all things which may help you feel more satisfaction with life to counter the mood flattening effect of meds. I wouldn't recommend coffee for health, but if you are experiencing lows, coffee is a real mood enhancer as well and so is playing a musical instrument. Since your meds are already changing the chemicals and/or hormones in your body, you might want to look into trying to keep the body in as close to a natural state as possible by avoiding processed foods, wheat, dairy, etc. this is simply my opinion, and if you are serious about making lifestyle adaptations, you should consult a trusted doctor :)
    I believe if the body is free of stress, it shall have less cravings.
    All the best x