Why are results so slooowwwww?

Options
I just started counting calories and exercising 1 month ago...I started out at 147 lbs and the scale has not moved! I dont get it. I've never exercised in my entire life...I was eating bread and sweets like there was no tomorrow...and I stop...but I dont loose any weight in 30 days? HELP!

Replies

• kevingray35
    kevingray35 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    One thing that really helped me kick-start the weight loss was ensuring that I was drinking 8-10 glasses of water a day. That will account for 1-2 lbs easily, as you flush the sodium out of your system and start retaining less water.

If you've never exercised, you are probably also starting to build muscle, which weights more than fat. Try taking your measurements to see if, while weighing the same, you are more toned than before.
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    That's a loaded question.

If you're gonna get accurate answers we need to know these things

What is the ideal weight for your height

How many calories are you taking in (over a weeks time)

How many calories are you burning (over a weeks time)
  • bloblynda
    bloblynda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Same goes. I actually put on two pounds in my first two weeks. But stick at it and don't get discouraged. Taking the exercise will tone you up and make you look better even if the scale doesn't say so
  • edinbors
    edinbors Posts: 112
    Options
    Are you eating back half the calories you burn? I didn't know that either and then I asked someone about it and they said thats what you gotta do and once I started doing that (2 weeks ago) I have lost 3 lbs! Good luck!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Making your food journal public helps too.
    It let's us take a peek at what you're eating to give some suggestions.
    :flowerforyou:
    Make sure you're eating enough too!
    Get plenty of water!
    And keep at it!
    Don't give up!:happy:
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I agree with those who have suggested making sure you are eating enough. One thing for me that has helped me to start losing again was actually cutting exercise from 6 days/week to 5 days/week. Also, when I do workout I have added more resistance.

Just remain diligent...it will come off.

Have a blessed day!
  • aniruizchang
    Options
    Thanks you guys - you were all right and contributed something to my success. I did stick with it, I did start drinking more water, I did stop stressing about it a little bit - and I've lost 9 lbs since! Thanks again!