I need help

Options
2»

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Why are you eating low carb? Health reason?
  • Barbados1965
    Barbados1965 Posts: 33 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Mdamra you need to do some strength training combined with some cardio. Don't over do it on the cardio because it can negate the benefits of your strength training. It will take some time and dedication to pull off what you want to do.
  • Mdamra
    Mdamra Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Why are you eating low carb? Health reason?

I didn't know what kind of diet to go on and my friend needed to do it for health reasons so I'm doing it with her for moral support I guess? I don't know how many calories I'm supposed to eat a day etc

• Mdamra
    Options
    Mdamra you need to do some strength training combined with some cardio. Don't over do it on the cardio because it can negate the benefits of your strength training. It will take some time and dedication to pull off what you want to do.

I do cardio 6 days a week, does that mean I have to cut down? I don't do HIIT, I jog long distance at least 2+ miles a day. Do you have any tips on strength training? Does that mean adding weights to my routines?

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Mdamra wrote: »

I do cardio 6 days a week, does that mean I have to cut down? I don't do HIIT, I jog long distance at least 2+ miles a day. Do you have any tips on strength training? Does that mean adding weights to my routines?

2 miles isn't really long distance.... Adding some resistance/strength training wouldn't hurt, but it's your calories you need to focus on first IMO
  • Mdamra
    Options

2 miles isn't really long distance.... Adding some resistance/strength training wouldn't hurt, but it's your calories you need to focus on first IMO

2 miles would be on a tired day, I generally run 6. What do you recommend for what my goal is, how many calories should I consume?

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

2 miles would be on a tired day, I generally run 6. What do you recommend for what my goal is, how many calories should I consume?

No idea, use MFP to set your target, that's what it's for.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Running 2-6 miles per day isn't going to build muscle (well at first it will, but not after the first couple months). Eating at a deficit isn't going to build muscle.

I suggest setting MFP to "maintain" your current weight, and lift weights -- heavy ones -- over and over. Join a gym. Hire a trainer. Building muscle can be tough for a woman, but it sounds like that's what you want to do. Join the MFP list for "recompositioning." Or just google search that term.
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    If you got some money to spare , i would definetily recommend buying a juicer. 2 pints of green juice a day will change your life. You will look better and have more energy for the gym