Am I the only person who loves Subway and uses it to help weight loss?

Options

Replies

• sarahmichelef
    sarahmichelef Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Subway is definitely my first choice if we have to grab-and-go food, largely because of the ability to load up on fresh veggies - which, as you point out, can be prohibitively expensive otherwise. I also love watching the "sandwich artist" be like :o when my ten-year-old asks them to load up her sandwich with every veggie imaginable.
  • sparkynazca
    sparkynazca Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I love having their veggie chopped salads!
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I do! I get roast beef with veggies and yellow mustard and a bag of sun chips. Occasionally I get a meatball sub with American cheese.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    I worked there as a teenager and hated it for a while, but after 10 years I think I've fallen back in love. I use it for some lunch days. I always get the 6" Turkey on wheat with no cheese. Mustard, lettuce, onions, green peppers, and cucumbers and you can ask them to hollow out the bread and it saves you about 50 calories.

Do they do that? I'd feel weird asking, but that's a cool idea lol

Don't feel weird. Every time I get a sandwich there, I ask them to rip the guts out. :) You can't even tell there's missing bread (except, sometimes, if the person uses a lot of elbow grease scooping it out, it falls apart easily).

• rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Subway is fine, not great. I get it 2-3 times a week because it's convenient and fits my macros. I like Submarina better, but it's a little more expensive
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You'll find most of us think clean eating is a *kitten* meaningless marketing term and that as long as foods fit into your macro/calorie goals there's no real issue.
    Personally i think there are tastier sandwiches than Subway but I'll have it every now and then if I am in a hurry and it's convenient.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    LacednLace wrote: »
    Their double chopped chicken salad is delicious. I love their subs but it takes a chunk out of my daily allowance.
    +1

As I've tried to increase my protein intake, I sometimes get a quadruple chicken chopped salad. You have to pay extra for the additional meat, but I expect that to be the case and I'm fine with it.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    I don't mind Subway but I skip the chips (calories, prefer to have something else or nothing) and the bottled water (I carry my own refillable stainless steel bottle).

Being cheap I'd rather make my own meal 9 times out of 10.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    My husband and I used to go there at least once a week. I can no longer go there, though, as I was diagnosed with Celiacs disease and Subway doesn't offer any Gluten free choices at this time.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    I get Subway about once a month. I brought two 12" home tonight for supper. I always get veggie on wheat with no cheese and red wine vinegar. My husband has meat on his, and eats the whole thing. I eat 1/2 for supper and 1/2 for lunch the next day. It fills me up. I never have chips anymore.

As others mentioned on this thread, look what Jared did eating Subway.

I have found that if I eat what I like, it is easier for me to stick to my calorie budget. Eating less calories than you burn leads to weight loss. How you want to spend your calories is a personal choice and to succeed, you need to do what works for you.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I love subway, but prefer more sub/less chips. I can eat a full footlong veggie delight, and go for the apple slices.

I get-
    Jalepeno cheese bread
    american
    mustard
    lettuce
    pickles
    onions
    banana peppers
    vinegar
    s&p

plus a bag of apple slices, for.... 550 cals. It definitely feels like a treat, and i enjoy the volume.

Ultimately, if it can fit into your calorie goal and you enjoy it, go for it! :)

• senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Eileen_S wrote: »
    My husband and I used to go there at least once a week. I can no longer go there, though, as I was diagnosed with Celiacs disease and Subway doesn't offer any Gluten free choices at this time.

You can get salads there. ;)
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I love subway, lost a lot of my weight there, turkey sub with veggies.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    I love Subway, too. I find that I feel much more satisfied with their salads - no cheese, ff dressing - than a sand which but love all of the options. My husband hates Subway, but more because he is a truck driver and has had more than his fill of sandwiches than issue with the place itself. Anytime he is on overnight hauls, I rush to my nearest Subway!
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Subways quality sucks. I feel full after eating their subs, but I also feel like I wasted calories because of how bad it tastes. I've tried most of their subs from veggie to chicken throughout my life, so not like it was a one time bad experience. Pita pit and quiznos aren't great either, but deffs prefer them to subway!
  • boomhower1820
    boomhower1820 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of subway at all, to stingy with the meat. Especially for the price. Now Jersey Mikes is a different story. I eat there several times a week. Philly Cheesesteak, num num num. I get it in a "tub" often to save on the cals and carbs as I tend to be carb heavy in general.