25 year old from the Midwest, looking for others to share in this journey.

Options
vespiquenn
vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
To start off, I'm not new by any stretch of the imagination. I have been around for years, but recently have been staying on track with ~10lb loss. I'm hoping to lose another 15-20lbs to get to 145-140lbs at 5"9. I unfortunately just had to go through and delete over 30 individuals that were inactive more than a month or two, so i am looking for individuals that are go-getters.

Other than that.. I am a twenty-five year old elementary art teacher. I realistically never thought I would be introducing myself as a teacher, due to so few jobs, but I am excited and stressed as ever. Especially now finding that I have a new job working in a bigger city than this year.

I had originally started on here about three years ago. However, after two messy breakups, I found myself stressed out and over eating. I can't say that I have ever been horribly overweight, but enough to make me feel uncomfortable. I just want to positively lose the weight and keep it off. Especially now that I am getting ready to move forward with my career as well as begin wedding dress shopping.

I would just love some new friends to just talk to and also support. I have been noticing that my news feed has been slowly becoming lonely, especially as I weed out those who are inactive.

Some other things that I am interested in is art (obviously), video games (I like to consider myself quite a nerd), reading, hiking, and so on and so forth.

Would love to meet new people!
I also use my FitBit religiously and love some good challenges between MFP friends!

Replies

• JossVanWey
    JossVanWey Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    B) Good luck on losing those ten pounds :) I would have to lose around 200 pounds just to get to get down to where you are. Well, one day at a time!
  • veganstephanie
    veganstephanie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    go right ahead and friend me. my meds made me gain 10 pounds, which totally sucks, and ive been trying to get them off but hubby is into crossfit so im getting some help from him. haha. I did find a new website today. they have 25 pages of 18 workouts on each page, so I am going to try that one. Hopefully it'll kickstart my weight loss.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    You can find friends in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • smcdevitt07
    smcdevitt07 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! I would love to connect! I'm recently getting back into my journey after taking a few weeks off and getting back into my working out and eating right! I would love the support and accountability!
  • kwoolfwpfd
    kwoolfwpfd Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Definitely can help motivate and support! Keep up the good work and congrats on the teacher job!
  • Cass2025
    Cass2025 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) open diary and active love to motivate and support and I could use the motivation as well
  • ermand
    ermand Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me. I recently cleaned out my inactive people too and I was left with hardly anyone.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Katie, also from the Midwest and 29. I went through a breakup recently so I can relate. We can keep each other motivated!!