No Nutritional Info

Options
So what do you do when you have to eat out but the restaurant doesn't make their nutritional info available? I'm not experienced enough to make educated guesses. I know what I ate was probably a quarter of my daily caloric intake, but I need to count it.

Replies

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Can you find something similar from a restaurant that does have it's nutritional values online? That's the only thing I can think of at the moment.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    If you can find a similar food at a place that does give nutritional info, you can use that. Pizza Hut is my go-to when I get pizza from one of the small pizza places around town. You can log the individual ingredients if you know what they are.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    Can you find something similar from a restaurant that does have it's nutritional values online? That's the only thing I can think of at the moment.

That's what I do. I probably haven't been to an Olive Garden or Panda Express this decade, but don't tell my diary.
  • Azexas
    Options

That's what I do. I probably haven't been to an Olive Garden or Panda Express this decade, but don't tell my diary.

That's what I do also. I use Buffalo Wild Wings when I'm getting wings from a local pizza shop. I can't tell you the last time I've actually been to BWW haha
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

Same. Yesterday we went to an Irish pub and I had some shepherd's pie so I found the highest entry in the database and used that (it seemed about right compared to when I make it as well anyway).
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    fatguy3382 wrote: »
    So what do you do when you have to eat out but the restaurant doesn't make their nutritional info available? I'm not experienced enough to make educated guesses. I know what I ate was probably a quarter of my daily caloric intake, but I need to count it.

Only a 1/4? If I eat out I eat way over half of a days calories.

What is your daily calorie allowance and what did you order? Maybe we can help you guesstimate :)
  • SisypheanWorkout
    SisypheanWorkout Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My daily is 2000 and I had a buffalo chicken sandwich on a ciabatta (spelling?) bun.
  • Azexas
    Options
    fatguy3382 wrote: »
    My daily is 2000 and I had a buffalo chicken sandwich on a ciabatta (spelling?) bun.

You may be able to log a Friendly's honey bbq chicken supermelt.
  • SisypheanWorkout
    SisypheanWorkout Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Don't have a lot of these places in Canada so I have no point of reference. I picked Buffalo Wild Wings (which we do have) and guessed. Thanks for all the help though. Gotta stop eating this junk anyway.