Does the hunger ever stop?

Options
2»

Replies

• Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Most my hunger cues are actually thirst cues. I find I have to drink water and reevaluate if I really am hungry after 20 minutes.
  • kfragola95
    kfragola95 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started a little less than two weeks ago and I have found that the only thing that helps is a peanut butter, bannana, chocolate protein shake. I also just drink water when I am hungry for the most part.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein.
    Drink more water before meals.
    If you're like me and like the allusion of eating a lot, cut food up small and whatnot so it LOOKS like more :)
  • alliegator89
    alliegator89 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have been working on the emotional cues being misinterpreted as hunger. I know that can be a big issue. Very good suggestions though. I didn't think about thinking through the emotions. I mostly just evaluated if it was real hunger or not.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    I have been working on the emotional cues being misinterpreted as hunger. I know that can be a big issue. Very good suggestions though. I didn't think about thinking through the emotions. I mostly just evaluated if it was real hunger or not.

It takes a little time, hopefully you're getting some things you can work into your plan and help you succeed. A lot of us tried a lot of things before "getting it right", so please draw from that experience and you can succeed for yourself, too.

• Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Exercise! Dieting is a ***** but if you workout more your appetite may decrease, not to mention the fitness benefits. Some people experience the opposite and are ravenous after exercise. I personally feel better, more in tune with my body and less hungry. Plus you earn more calories, so it's a win-win.
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I will also say that don't get discouraged if some of these suggestions don't work for you. Give them each a try for yourself and go from there. For example, for me, drinking water never helps. However, it's pretty obvious that it works wonders for a lot of people!
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Ok, I don't normally give hunger-fighting tips. But here goes:

(1) if you don't have high blood pressure, drink some hot broth. It almost but not quite is as satisfying as soup
    (2) Sugar free jello
    (3) Celery
    (4) Hot oolong tea
    (5) Pay attention to your meal timing. Let's say you just ate 200 calories an hour ago. If so, YOU ARE PROBABLY NOT ACTUALLY HUNGRY. It is your mind telling you lies. Go clean the cat litter or something to distract yourself.